An encouraging sign

33 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

New normal! 

Just like post 9/11 in more than just drum corps. Going to have in the back of our minds this can happen again. With that plans and actions to keep it from reoccurring and lessen the effects of it if happens again.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

With that plans and actions to keep it from reoccurring and lessen the effects of it if happens again.

Don’t expect to prevent a disastrous accident released on the world 🌍 

Edited by Poppycock

14 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t expect to prevent a disastrous accident released on the world 🌍 

Not the best choice of words I admit. Cant prevent that any more than prevent other terrorist attacks. How does “lessen the chance” and “cut down the damages if/when it happens”trip your trigger?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not the best choice of words I admit. Cant prevent that any more than prevent other terrorist attacks. How does “lessen the chance” tripyour trigger?

Good common sense should be enough to know you can’t prevent or lessen anything from actually happening. However I understand not everyone was given this wonderful gift! 

23 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Good common sense should be enough to know you can’t prevent or lessen anything from actually happening. However I understand not everyone was given this wonderful gift! 

Disagree on the lessening the effects. Hopefully we’ve learned a lot about creating, producing and getting vaccines out to the population. If/when next outbreak occurs that should help.

As for 9/11, being more vigilant has stopped some attacks before they occurred (Fort Dix, SUV in NYC that a pedestrian noticed smoke coming out of it, etc). Stop 100% no, but has helped.

Takes extra effort but some of us feel it is worth it....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Disagree on the lessening the effects. Hopefully we’ve learned a lot about creating, producing and getting vaccines out to the population. If/when next outbreak occurs that should help.

As for 9/11, being more vigilant has stopped some attacks before they occurred (Fort Dix, SUV in NYC that a pedestrian noticed smoke coming out of it, etc). Stop 100% no, but has helped

Fort Dix, I remember. Those brothers were out to repair my roof the day before their planned attack... my house and family are in the FBI reports... obviously we had no idea what was going on

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, darlacorp said:

Fort Dix, I remember. Those brothers were out to repair my roof the day before their planned attack... my house and family are in the FBI reports... obviously we had no idea what was going on

I just googled to refresh my memory. Interesting wiki only has one line about how someone reported something they thought might be suspicious. At anti-terrorism training the “keep your eyes and mouth open” IOW don’t keep it to yourself was the main point. Think more people have gotten the message after 9/11 about being more aware which goes with my cutting down on the chances post above 

On topic (kinda) have been around Baltimore beltway for 4th of July parades. All the message board on the highway have “IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, REPORT IT 1-800-....”. So even corps members seeing the message.

Really on topic: wondering if things totally open for corps for 2022 what will be different. Temperature checks are part of routine, extra steps cleaning housing and practice facilities, all members have to be vaccinated? That would be new normal imo

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I just googled to refresh my memory. Interesting wiki only has one line about how someone reported something they thought might be suspicious. At anti-terrorism training the “keep your eyes and mouth open” IOW don’t keep it to yourself was the main point. Think more people have gotten the message after 9/11 about being more aware which goes with my cutting down on the chances post above 

On topic (kinda) have been around Baltimore beltway for 4th of July parades. All the message board on the highway have “IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, REPORT IT 1-800-....”. So even corps members seeing the message.

Really on topic: wondering if things totally open for corps for 2022 what will be different. Temperature checks are part of routine, extra steps cleaning housing and practice facilities, all members have to be vaccinated? That would be new normal imo

It was the circuit city guy that reported the pocono paintball trip shooting findings on the digital camera the brothers returned... that was when I left approximately 5 mesgs that my roof was still leaking.

• Thanks 1

As for staying on topic... I will have 2 fully vaccinated members going to their 1st camp 4/10... definitely encouraging for a productive season. AND farmers almanac predicts unusually warmer drier April and May for Pa/NJ area then years past

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, darlacorp said:

It was the circuit city guy that reported the pocono paintball trip shooting findings on the digital camera the brothers returned... that was when I left approximately 5 mesgs that my roof was still leaking.

Regular guy sees something, reports it and 😳. Wonder if your messages were still on the machine when the investigation started.