So...Will There Be A 2021 Season?

15 minutes ago, 81Freelancers said:

I keep checking DCI.org and they're not saying. 

I believe there is supposed to be an announcement Wednesday, March 31 but who knows? I know if there is any season, it will be abbreviated. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

5 hours ago, 81Freelancers said:

I keep checking DCI.org and they're not saying. 

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to DCI asking when we could be expecting to hear details about ticket sales. The following is the response I received:

Good Morning and thank you for your email, 

The office and corps are still working on the details for the 2021 events in Indianapolis and anticipate information to come out around the end of this month or the first half of April.

We thank you for your patience at this time.  Looking forward to provide updates to you and all the fans in the near future.

DCI Support

(I "bolded" what I thought was the important part of the response.)

DCI is supposed to announce plans on March 31st. I’m thinking we will get more highlights of what to expect rather than specifics. It’s possible DCI does not yet know specifics. They may not know for certain how many tickets can be sold for Indy and other venues. Some corps may still be on the fence. Downtown Indy in August is not exactly a vacation hotspot (though it can be a hot spot....ha ha ha😊) so there will have to be other ways for people to entertained other than the shows high involves planning and commitment. So for Wednesday  I’m not expecting more than come join us, it will be fun. 

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I don’t believe it’s a good economic situation for any corps to participate in this Indy dog and pony show. Stay home and plan for 2022, because corps will need a lot more money then ever before to tour. 

don't use common sense and fiscal responsibility as the basis for a post about A) drum corps and B on DCP

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

no matter what they announce its going to depend on the conditions on the ground. 

• Like 1