So...Will There Be A 2021 Season?

If you can do it "Full Bore," than don't do it at all! I love the activity but if it's not judged or abbreviated season...why do it? Waste of money when you can spend the year building for 2022!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

don't use common sense and fiscal responsibility as the basis for a post about A) drum corps and B on DCP

Don't assume that the world is the same, fiscally, for all organizations. The midwest corps have a tendency to be the most fiscally conservative, and if they think they can do a regional show season without bankrupting themselves, I'd tend to assume they know what they're doing.

California isn't Illinois or Ohio when it comes to getting to Indy.

Edited by Slingerland

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

If you can do it "Full Bore," than don't do it at all! I love the activity but if it's not judged or abbreviated season...why do it? Waste of money when you can spend the year building for 2022!

I think for many organizations providing the opportunities for the members is what is driving the idea of doing "something" in 2021. At the same time, I completely understand the idea of saving money for 2022.

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think the better questions would be "how long before this thread is closed".  :whistle: :spitting:

#MarchOn 

Always the same people... 

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think the better questions would be "how long before this thread is closed".  :whistle: :spitting:

#MarchOn 

No insults, no accusations.  It's just a thread.   IMO no reason to close.   

Suffice to say, every day, every week we deal with new (and old) realities. 

2 minutes ago, inbetween said:

Always the same people... 

1 minute ago, Continental said:

No insults, no accusations.  It's just a thread.   IMO no reason to close.   

Suffice to say, every day, every week we deal with new (and old) realities. 

I wasn't throwing "anyone under the bus".  What gets to me is we can't talk about any exterior factors that have an effect on the Drum Corps activity. 🤔

1 minute ago, Continental said:

The ones who keep this site alive for the current period.

Not that the owners need contribution, but I suspect they need members to remember it still exists. 

This type of forums are 'dying off' to the other social media formats.  I would think the owners would welcome more traffic to sell more ads.  Maybe it doesn't have a normal business model to generate revenue?  Never mind me, I was just speculating.  Now, back to Drum Corps; can't wait for any events this summer! 

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

This type of forums are 'dying off' to the other social media formats.  I would think the owners would welcome more traffic to sell more ads.  Maybe it doesn't have a normal business model to generate revenue?  Never mind me, I was just speculating.  Now, back to Drum Corps; can't wait for any events this summer! 

You raise good points.  Very good points.

• Like 1