So...Will There Be A 2021 Season?

2 hours ago, Continental said:

I wish all 2021 performers a safe and life-changing experience - one in which the opportunity to be part of something so much bigger than themselves transforms them into something greater than they currently are. 

This is all about keeping DCI going. Providing an exciting and safe events for the participants both fans and members. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so now the question is how long til DCI emails me offering the sweet deal of using what I paid for 2 nights for Allentown 2020 that didn't happen to instead see 5 corps in August

A few weeks ago, DCI graciously refunded my unused $90 ticket costs for the canceled 2020 Allentown 2-nighter.

I will spend the $90 instead this summer on a couple of Midwest Combine shows. Even if these are standstill performances, it will be great attending any of the outdoor Midwest events.

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

This is all about keeping DCI going. 

Without a doubt! DCI will be the only one who benefits from the abbreviated season. Once the dog and pony show celebration in Indy is over we will know if there was any value for organizations participating, their members or the audience. I’m looking forward to what will be presented by those organizations who decided to not participate in the Indy dog and pony show celebration. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

Just a GUESS, but the 5-corps event listed for Allentown might not be a replacement for the 2-night, many more corps, event formerly known as DCI-EAST, now known as DCI Eastern Classic.

The 2021 Allentown event could instead be the usual June Cadets’ single night, home show.   

These two events are not really related, although both present DCI corps in performance.

42 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here....

The thread is getting close to the edge on personal posting. Please refrain from making comments about posters.

So no one going for the one this season?  Just the corps (and you and i ) enjoying performances.    At least there will be no long distance runaround in june with unfinished shows and 5 corps line ups.  

I've seen all good people have misunderstandings;  hopefully 2021 will be a season filled with wondrous stories on DCP.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Just a GUESS, but the 5-corps event listed for Allentown might not be a replacement for the 2-night, many more corps, event formerly known as DCI-EAST, now known as DCI Eastern Classic.

The 2021 Allentown event could instead be the usual June Cadets’ single night, home show.   

These two events are not really related, although both present DCI corps in performance.

But there may be several video segments to pad the extra time created by lack of competition and participating corps. (That’s my prediction for three days of Indy with 21 corps and no competition, but St. Elmo’s has great shrimp cocktails, so there’s that.) Everything can be done in one good day, or being generous, two. Three days will have a lot of filler added.  And yes, we are still going to Indy, but I kinda hate myself for it. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1