2021 Midwest Combine

A newly formed alliance of Midwest-based drum and bugle corps is currently planning to host a series of six performances in late July and early August, leading up to the Drum Corps International Summer Celebration event in Indianapolis from August 12-14 in Lucas Oil Stadium. The groups included are the Blue Stars (La Crosse, WI), […]

View the full article

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 6:18 PM, DCP NewsFeed said:

A newly formed alliance of Midwest-based drum and bugle corps is currently planning to host a series of six performances in late July and early August, leading up to the Drum Corps International Summer Celebration event in Indianapolis from August 12-14 in Lucas Oil Stadium. The groups included are the Blue Stars (La Crosse, WI), […]

View the full article

In the old days this alliance was called DCM..Drum corp Midwest.

• Like 2

Lots of TBD concerning exact performance dates & locations (except Indy in August).

That said, I thing that due to geographic reality that the Combine has the best chance of success in 2021.

Note - I define success as 'some sort of performance series without bankrupting one (or more) Corps in the process'.

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It worked pretty well for a long time, too.  But I don’t want to be controversial. 😎

The seeds of regional associations have been planted. I think it is a good thing.

• Like 6

Well thank you for the post's.

I was hoping to have some post's from active participant's. Everyone read's DCP. They know I'm fishing for info before I start pumping my Drum Corps. Everyone knows that The Madison Scouts are going coed, right? I'm looking forward to whatever we can get. Go DCI

5 hours ago, thirdcoast said:

Well thank you for the post's.

I was hoping to have some post's from active participant's. Everyone read's DCP. They know I'm fishing for info before I start pumping my Drum Corps. Everyone knows that The Madison Scouts are going coed, right? I'm looking forward to whatever we can get. Go DCI