So BD and SCV are not competing in 2021?

I have to read between the lines here and surmise that the ongoing California state restrictions made it fiscally impossible for the two biggest California corps to raise money, perform close to home, and travel across country. How can Crest and Mandarins pull it off, but BD and SCV cannot? Anyone know? This is super sad.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Sad 1

nobody's competing this year

bd, scv, and lots of other corps made the choice not to take part in the exhibitions this year for a lot of very good reasons, and "sad" isn't the right word for their choice, imo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lance said:

nobody's competing this year

bd, scv, and lots of other corps made the choice not to take part in the exhibitions this year for a lot of very good reasons, and "sad" isn't the right word for their choice, imo. 

Yeah fiscal responsibility isn’t sad. Those corps are just doing that is best for themselves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

What are some thoughts on this as far as advantages to these top echelon corps for 2022 (assuming there is a much closer to normal 2022 )? Particularly in terms of recruiting, fund raising, staff retainment, preserving momentum. Or, does fielding a non-competitive corps in 2021 provide the advantage? 

31 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

What are some thoughts on this as far as advantages to these top echelon corps for 2022 (assuming there is a much closer to normal 2022 )? Particularly in terms of recruiting, fund raising, staff retainment, preserving momentum. Or, does fielding a non-competitive corps in 2021 provide the advantage? 

They will not have issues recruiting top talent for 2022. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm guessing the "non-competitive corps" you're referring to are the ones participating in the DCI events. From what I've seen online (I could be mistaken. It wouldn't be the first time.), the "top echelon corps" you mention are also fielding non-competitive corps this season. They're just not doing the DCI thing. I don't believe it will negatively affect them.

28 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

And one should assume they will be a medalist as well. BD will take the big toy back to Cali. 

I think a little group from Canton would like to have a say in the matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1