So BD and SCV are not competing in 2021?

24 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

That's a lot of Poppycock for sure. :lol: Look at all the likes and thanks on that post. The tour fee is high but there are kids at age out last year and this year who are willing to pay the cost. 

Who are you marching with again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Fees of about $3,500 seems to be par for the course in 2021

Doing a bit of math - the 'Midwest Combine' has 7 performance (or 9 if 3 nights of Indy = 3 performances) over 3 weeks.  

$3,500 for 7 performances + the members paying $500 for each opportunity to perform) ($389/performance if it is 9 total performances).

If we look at it on a per-day basis, 6 weeks (1 July-14 Aug) is 42 days = $83/day, all inclusive.

Blue Devils Swiss trip of 21 days for $1750 is also $83/day, all inclusive (is 'spring training included in the 21 days or is that separate?).

lets face it....its going to cost more this summer when you take in all of the costs associated to following all of the recommended guidelines. if the kids and/or their families want to pay it, go for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Before the Devils announcement on Switzerland they were being touted as physical responsible etc etc etc. Now they are being praised for the responsible actions of planning a international trip.

There are restrictions on travel to Switzerland yet none of the folks who point out the logistical issues with travel within the USA are pointing these international issues out. Why is that? 

According to the US government US embassy in Switzerland USA is on the list of countries that can't stay but could pass through the airport if your destination country is other than Switzerland. 

https://ch.usembassy.gov/covid-19-info/#:~:text=Currently the Swiss Immigration Office,for Switzerland have been met.

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/entry-restrictions-to-third-countries.html

some of us did when we were made aware of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

lets face it....its going to cost more this summer when you take in all of the costs associated to following all of the recommended guidelines. if the kids and/or their families want to pay it, go for it.

More per day, less total for almost all, if not all.  Most corps are $4500-$5000 in a normal year when you count camp fees, etc, excluding travel.  This year is about $3000-$3500 from the couple I’ve seen or know first hand.  Plus, since camps are virtual up until move-ins, people who would normally spend several hundred or more in plane tickets / travel costs are only doing it once.  It certainly isn’t cheap this year or any year, but I’m happy to pay for my kid’s membership.  I know that some truly cannot afford this activity but I’m reminded of a past coworker who told me once when I said I couldn’t afford something.  He said that I’ve chosen not to afford it (ie prioritized other things) rather than I couldn’t afford it. I’ve known since my kid was in middle school that they were interested in DCI but would never ask me to pay for it.  So, my wife and I began saving money then to cover four years.  They missed last year of course, I’d really hate for them to miss another even if it won’t be normal.

Edited by DrummerParent
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

More per day, less total for almost all, if not all.  Most corps are $4500-$5000 in a normal year when you count camp fees, etc, excluding travel.  This year is about $3000-$3500 from the couple I’ve seen or know first hand.  Plus, since camps are virtual up until move-ins, people who would normally spend several hundred or more in plane tickets / travel costs are only doing it once.  It certainly isn’t cheap this year or any year, but I’m happy to pay for my kid’s membership.  I know that some truly cannot afford this activity but I’m reminded of a past coworker who told me once when I said I couldn’t afford something.  He said that I’ve chosen not to afford it (ie prioritized other things) rather than I couldn’t afford it. I’ve known since my kid was in middle school that they were interested in DCI but would never ask me to pay for it.  So, my wife and I began saving money then to cover four years.  They missed last year of course, I’d really hate for them to miss another even if it won’t be normal.

I think students will still benefit from the "bridge tour" experience with outstanding teaching from the corps staff.  In some aspects, they may experience an even greater learning environment as opposed to spending more time on show changes & 'cleaning' for their execution score.  Most corps are probably approaching this season as one huge clinic with a 'show & tell' for the parents in August.  I wish nothing but a safe & successful abbreviated season for the corps administration, staff, volunteers, & marching members.  #MarchOn   

P.S. I need two tickets for Indy 6' apart.  Anyone? 😁  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Who are you marching with again?

I said it before and will say it again. I don't share that type of information. 

Suspicious that someone has already tried to or has shared my I.P. from this message board. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

Thank you DrummerParent for the great post. I took a job this past semester and this semester to help my parents with the cost. Both continued to had employment at our family's business during this past year. It was off and on but made it through and can't wait to march this summer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I said it before and will say it again. I don't share that type of information. 

Suspicious that someone has already tried to or has shared my I.P. from this message board. 

What at all made you think someone was sharing your IP?

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 1