So BD and SCV are not competing in 2021?

16 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Speaking of the fine print... recent DCI press releases have confirmed that the 2021 events are not contests.  Nobody in the DCI community is fielding a competitive corps this summer.

One could argue that some Corps haven’t fielded  a competitive Corps for years. 

But I would not be that one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I said it before and will say it again. I don't share that type of information. 

Suspicious that someone has already tried to or has shared my I.P. from this message board. 

The entity that would first share your IP, would be your ISP. 

Such is the reality of Internet access. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

"I need two tickets for Indy 6' apart" is a great title for a Country and Western song. 

On Saturday nights, my Dad made me watch Hee Haw, followed by Lawrence Welk,  as we only had one TV.  When I think of 'goofy' Country & Western songs, this one always come to mind.  I can't stand the song but it always mesmerizes me & I go into an immediate trance.  

I guess we could change a few lyrics & add "looking back to see if you're wearing your mask or maintaining the 6 foot distance".  (Sometimes I make myself laugh; and that's scary.)  :spitting:

Now, enjoy this annoying video:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

On Saturday nights, my Dad made me watch Hee Haw, followed by Lawrence Welk,  as we only had one TV.  When I think of 'goofy' Country & Western songs, this one always come to mind.  I can't stand the song but it always mesmerizes me & I go into an immediate trance.  

I guess we could change a few lyrics & add "looking back to see if you're wearing your mask or maintaining the 6 foot distance".  (Sometimes I make myself laugh; and that's scary.)  :spitting:

Now, enjoy this annoying video:

"Two lovers, sat on a park bench...."

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Continental said:

The entity that would first share your IP, would be your ISP. 

Such is the reality of Internet access. 

Actually there are all kinds of people who have access to your IP address and lots of ways for it to be compromised.  

• Like 3

On 4/2/2021 at 8:24 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Let’s see ... $1750 for Switzerland or $3500+ for Indianapolis ... 🤔 

Lets see....Switzerland vs. Indy trips...what to do...what to do?  Obviously BD will choose who goes. If I had that choice and it was my decision....no brainer!!! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:09 PM, Rich Cline said:

The activity Drum Corps's evolved from an era of patriotism by The American Legion and The Veterans of Foreign Wars along with various Church sponsorships. I do not like that 501C3 youth sponsor ships have to interject or be part of the "Me Too" movement and become political. They should just remain "neutral" and stay out of politics and do what they do best; prorvide programs for youth.

What I'm gathering from this paragraph is that some movements (e.g., patriotism, religion) are okay, while others (e.g., #MeToo, #BLM discussed in a response, others promoting justice and equality) are to be avoided. 

I guess the stance is "only do stuff that I'm okay with." That's a fine stance - just be open about it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2