So BD and SCV are not competing in 2021?

So I guess this means SCV's perfect attendance at DCI is broken.

I think that leaves only 4 Corps, Madison, Cavaliers, Phantom & Cadets, that have participated in every DCI championship since 1972 (granted, Unlike SCV, these 3 did not make it into every finals, but they were there for prelims).

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Stupidity on my part

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think that leaves only 3 Corps, Cavaliers, Phantom & Cadets, that have participated in every DCI championship since 1972 (granted, Unlike SCV, these 3 did not make it into every finals, but they were there for prelims).

I understood that there are no “championships” this year, as whatever’s happening on the last day is not judged. Is this incorrect?

Edited by jaylogan

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m escaping one in June.  Never again.

I like your word "escaping". One does in a situation feel like you're in at least house arrest. You have HOA monitors going around telling you what you can't do...ALL THE TIME!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I like your word "escaping". One does in a situation feel like you're in at least house arrest. You have HOA monitors going around telling you what you can't do...ALL THE TIME!!!

Just gotta say it... lady friend of mine lives in HOA and was Secretary for a while. Quote was “so many anal people... ON BOTH SIDES”. When she visits I hear “so nice to do what you want on your own property”. (As long as within borough codes anyway)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

At the risk of veering wildly off topic, when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016 after over 100 years, Jim and I put a “W” flag on the patio.  We got a nastygram from the HOA and a $50 fine.  Not even a warning.  So I left a lovely little message for them in the memo section of the check. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just gotta say it... lady friend of mine lives in HOA and was Secretary for a while. Quote was “so many anal people... ON BOTH SIDES”. When she visits I hear “so nice to do what you want on your own property”. (As long as within borough codes anyway)

No HOA where I’m moving and there’s only one other house being built on my street, and it’s at the other end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think that leaves only 3 Corps, Cavaliers, Phantom & Cadets, that have participated in every DCI championship since 1972 (granted, Unlike SCV, these 3 did not make it into every finals, but they were there for prelims).

Madison Scouts would like a word with you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

At the risk of veering wildly off topic, when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016 after over 100 years, Jim and I put a “W” flag on the patio.  We got a nastygram from the HOA and a $50 fine.  Not even a warning.  So I left a lovely little message for them in the memo section of the check. 

Probably a Cardinals or White Sox fan?  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

2021 EVENT in Indy is not a Championship. it's and "Bridge to 2022" or whatever it's called. It's an exhibition like all of 2021.