What will corps do at the shows?

Still breaking from posting here but have a question. Since DCI has announced possible show dates and named the corps....

Has any corps announced what they will do at these shows? Full competitive type show in exhibition, partial drill and standstill, almost anything goes to show what their corps can do (music education value),  etc? Hope Indy works out but for now interested in what is planned.

Also any word on webcasts?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still breaking from posting here but have a question. Since DCI has announced possible show dates and named the corps....

Has any corps announced what they will do at these shows? Full competitive type show in exhibition, partial drill and standstill, almost anything goes to show what their corps can do (music education value),  etc? Hope Indy works out but for now interested in what is planned.

I think Phantom did do an announcement. I can imagine a greatest hits performances from some corps. I'm assuming these shows are non competitive and just exhibitions. 

This unusual “Bridge Season” is more about DCI continuity of purpose and execution, I think. Whatever form these events take, the goal is to keep the process moving.  I do not expect judged field performances, just exhibitions.  Really, that will do.

Not including Indianapolis, each event will likely run 2-3 hours. The corps will present what they can. This might include some traditional field shows, a few non-DCI performing groups, possibly Drum Line Battles, Brass Ensembles, Alumni Groups, etc.

I do expect several Flo telecasts, and have kept my subscription active.

Really looking forward to this, and believe the effort will help ensure a better 2022.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hu?:muahaha:

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe Flo is planning to make the Indy performance(s) available.

Knowing Flo it's not just one performance thing. It's a 1 year contract. And good luck when they keep renewing it without consent!!!

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jim - please shorten your absence from here. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

This unusual “Bridge Season” is more about DCI continuity of purpose and execution, I think. Whatever form these events take, the goal is to keep the process moving.  I do not expect judged field performances, just exhibitions.

According to DCI’s press release yesterday, there will be a full panel judging continuity effect, purpose analysis, and execution proficiency.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

According to DCI’s press release yesterday, there will be a full panel judging continuity effect, purpose analysis, and execution proficiency.  

And everyone gets a participation medal.

• Like 2