What will corps do at the shows?

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i expect electronics to be more prevalent cause it'll be easier to use that as a design device/crutch

Could be ... I still expect props to be dialed back as an unnecessary expense.

16 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Electronics are not a crutch they enhance the show. Sounds so nice with the electronics blended in with the horns and percussion. Not surprised some here do not like the electronics. 

I'm not sure that's what he was saying. I took it to mean the electronics would be more prevalent than in the past to compensate (perhaps not the right word) for corps' shortened time to prepare their production designs. The point made previously that 2021 shows are not going to be in the same qualitative measure as 2019 is likely a valid assessment. 

If the surprised comment was directed at old school DCPers, you'd probably be more surprised at the number of us who not only agree with you on the enhancement of electronics, but fully embrace them. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Not surprised some here do not like the electronics. 

For me, it’s usually when the electronics are used to play a brass instruments part by a non mm.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

For me, it’s usually when the electronics are used to play a brass instruments part by a non mm.

I am pretty pro A&E, but would rather hear a rich contra sound than thunderous goo.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

At some point we will see a Corps use 10-15 brass, all amped& in pit. Also small, amped battery in pit.  And 100 guard as only performers on the field.  
Perhaps this is the year.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am pretty pro A&E, but would rather hear a rich contra sound than thunderous goo.

Through the years since being allowed, electronics and voice have really evolved.  There are a number of shows that I absolute love that relied heavily on them.  Bluecoats "Kinetic Noise" from 2015 is still one of my favorite of all time.   I think Bluecoats have been at the forefront of electronics integration. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

At some point we will see a Corps use 10-15 brass, all amped& in pit. Also small, amped battery in pit.  And 100 guard as only performers on the field.  
Perhaps this is the year.  

You can never have enough guard sweetie! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1