What will corps do at the shows?

39 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Will have to wait and see what the pageantry leeches come up with. Hard to imagine more entertaining and better executed performances. 

What does it mean these pageantry leeches? They equal woodwind support? The DCI current or previous to Covid form is ok with me, I just don't want any woodwinds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

What does it mean these pageantry leeches? They equal woodwind support? The DCI current or previous to Covid form is ok with me, I just don't want any woodwinds.

she's referring to the people that found many ways to make a lot of money off of the activity

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

Not sure which old thread to post this to, but I see a Boston Crusaders mentioned they would perform three times in Indy.  So, for those wondering what the Indy schedule will be like, there’s that little tid bit.  Does that mean each day is pretty much the same?

Wondering if that means Boston will be part of the DCI event those three times or might be doing something on their own.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, Poppycock said:

When I read about woodwinds instruments being used or "Drum Corps" evolve to become more like "Musical Stage" acts, I'm left to consider “whether” or “if" I have the stomach for any of this anymore.

And if you don't, you'll leave, and someone else will be there to take your place. Comme ci comme ça - it's just the way of the world.

As for this season, look for a lot of corps using traditional uniforms, no woodwinds, limited to no props, and 10 to 13 minute shows with possible concert numbers. Also look for as many people who are allowed to be in the stadium on Saturday night to be there to support the members - kids who still believe in drum corps even if some older fans don't.   

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wondering if that means Boston will be part of the DCI event those three times or might be doing something on their own.

Seeing as how Boston's COO/ED is also president of DCI's board, I'm guessing that the Crusaders will be doing the DCI event each of the three days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Seeing as how Boston's COO/ED is also president of DCI's board, I'm guessing that the Crusaders will be doing the DCI event each of the three days.

Thanks first I read that there would be 3 days of events. But.... I only get my info here so 🤷🏼‍♂️

20 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Does anyone still believe that tired old refrain?

I'm mean it obviously can't be true. Drum corps is dying out. They can barely sell enough tickets to pack venues. Blah blah wah wah give me my g bugles.

• Like 1