What will corps do at the shows?

there is no reason to trash any era of drum corps to prop up the one(s) that you happen to love. 

i see it a lot more from older people. it's not as rampant on here as it was a decade ago, so that's good.  sorry if that's ageism, and maybe there's another board out there where younger people are trashing fundamental aspects of show design from the past.

anybody who does that shows that physical age doesn't really mean anything... al lot of people of all ages just need to grow up. 

anyway, i think phantom put out the rep they're doing.  so did crown, right?

looking forward to seeing these, even virtually.  i need my fix, lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh to remember (I mean be) 29 again.... 😆 Get my second in two weeks... 

I wouldn’t be 29 again on a bet.  I like who I am and what I am now much more than who I was then.    And I don’t care what label anyone slaps on me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wouldn’t be 29 again on a bet.  I like who I am and what I am now much more than who I was then.    And I don’t care what label anyone slaps on me. 

I woke up... I got up under my own power.... I’m still with it enough to know these things.... bleep what anyone sez I’m doing good... 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I agree with what the author posted.  I see it.  I feel it.  And I accept it. 

It's not a problem.  

Never thought I would see the day that someone defends a stereotype like this:

humans start to get pissy about the idea that the world will keep moving even when they shuffle off. 

But then again, if you not only agree, but include yourself as an example, then there is no point in trying to dissuade you.

• Like 1

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Never thought I would see the day that someone defends a stereotype like this:

But then again, if you not only agree, but include yourself as an example, then there is no point in trying to dissuade you.

I wish you peace in life. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Only side effects for me were a low grade fever, slight headache, & fatigue.  Came about 12 hours later & lasted about 24 hours.  I'm in the 50-60 age range but they say older seniors will experience less side effects vs young adults.  My 89 yr old father-in-law didn't seem to have any side effects. 🤔 

I didn't have any side effects from the Pfizer poke #2.  My wife had pretty strong side effects.  Does that mean I am old as she is young.  I must be doing good.

:dancin:

BTW, officially I am only 14 months older than her.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I didn't have any side effects from the Pfizer poke #2.  My wife had pretty strong side effects.  Does that mean I am old as she is young.  I must be doing good.

:dancin:

BTW, officially I am only 14 months older than her.

I’ve read reports that women are showing more side effects because they have more robust immune systems. 

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve read reports that women are showing more side effects because they have more robust immune systems. 

My wife would disagree.  She get's sick pretty easily.  I have fought off getting sick on many occasions (knock on wood).  

I will go so far as to say I only had one day of symptoms when I was diagnosed with COVID back in December.  She fought it for a week before she started to get over her symptoms.

Then again, I'm not a doctor and I have slept at a Holiday Inn in decades.

:lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

35 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

My wife would disagree.  She get's sick pretty easily.  I have fought off getting sick on many occasions (knock on wood).  

I will go so far as to say I only had one day of symptoms when I was diagnosed with COVID back in December.  She fought it for a week before she started to get over her symptoms.

Then again, I'm not a doctor and I have slept at a Holiday Inn in decades.

:lol:

I was referring to articles I’ve read.  I’m sure it varies from individuals-to-individual.