What will corps do at the shows?

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I will bet that after we have completed our "15 months to slow the spread", we will have a different outlook on things.

Now, does anyone have more news on what corps will be performing at the 2021 shows?

5 hours ago, inbetween said:

I'm willing to bet, music. 

1 hour ago, Lance said:

What will corps do at the shows?

This thread is updated when info is posted.  https://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/172761-2021-official-programs-and-playlist/

I imagine corps will still do drill also.  For such a short "season", hopefully some corps will consider marching a huge corps.  Great way to evaluate larger numbers and see if they would logistically/financially work.

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Back on topic:  A corps may have played this in the past, but I'd love to hear an incredible hornline play "Foreplay" by Boston.  (0:00 - 1:55) 🤔 Has this been performed in the past?

Geneseo Knights - Opener in 1986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kQA4PdzR4&list=PL4yun01k-TQ8hOJdnqCkL0gvNfJigPmkZ&index=7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Not getting into the authority issue when it becomes life vs. death. 

None of these choices are simply "life vs. death".  But that just illustrates what I was saying.

Scientist:  risk scenario A or risk scenario B

Authority:  life or death

Meanwhile, does anyone think any other corps will add to their tour plans as conditions improve on the ground?

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Meanwhile, does anyone think any other corps will add to their tour plans as conditions improve on the ground?

I think the current plans need to be solidified before more stuff is added.  Here we are, in the latter part of April & there is still a lot of 'TBA' on the schedule.   

On 4/17/2021 at 9:09 AM, rpbobcat said:

Last fall the high school marching bands in this part of NJ,as well as the college marching bands I saw, used "socially distanced" drill.

They also had bell covers on the horns.

A lot of the MM also wore masks.

Anyone know if corps are going to have to do something similar ?

no => all will be vaccinated; pretty sure the stands will be at 50% and masked

59 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Enigma Vaccinations.

As performed by Pfizer Regiment

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

My step-father caught covid from staff at his assisted living facility last year. He died Easter Sunday, 2020, just as the first surge was getting started. His doctor only saw him for yearly physicals. He took less medication than I do. I don’t give a rat’s ### about statistics.

my father in law caught it at his assisted living facility from staff, but he survived.

• Like 1