What will corps do at the shows?

20 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep, even before I moved here!!! "Cheese Wiz, wit."  LOL

My last site visit for a band trip to Philly, I had to learn this 'lingo' for both Pat's & Geno's.  I was advised to get a 1/2 sandwich from eachcx for sampling.  I was going to try to "fly under the radar", but the guys recognized my accent immediately.

As for my favorite, I really couldn't decide.  But I leaned more toward the Pat's version.  :guinesssmilie:    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

Just now, keystone3ply said:

My last site visit for a band trip to Philly, I had to learn this 'lingo' for both Pat's & Geno's.  I was advised to get a 1/2 sandwich from sampling.  I was going to try to "fly under the radar", but the guys recognized my accent immediately.

As for my favorite, I really couldn't decide.  But I leaned more toward the Pat's version.  :guinesssmilie:    

Kraft singles, white toasted bread, dijon and margarine.  Hmmmm!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I moved to PA in September, so I am still getting up to speed on Pennsylvanian. 

I still retain elements of my previous dialects... Baltimorean (AKA Baltimoron) and Jersey Guy. 

I think I prefer the Jersey Guy version.  Any 'Kick Start' programs this summer?  I need some CEUs. 🤔  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Continental said:

Is it my eyes?  I see 8.

Is this new math?

Tom Lehr "new math" 

There are several versions on youtube.

For anyone who doesn't know,he was/is (still alive) a great satirist.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Right? Helps to be accurate if you’re going to attempt to be snarky. 

Accuracy and facts have no place here! 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Is it my eyes?  I see 8.

Is this new math?

I assumed by stop at 9 (rather than stop with 9) she just meant stop before 9, given that stop means you do not do something.  

But then again, I believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. Should I stop doing that? And if so, should I stop at your post, or should I stop with your post?

How about we just assume it is a matter of language inflation, as Victor Borge defines it?  

I will proceed as such today and challenge everyone else to do so.  Seems like a good mental exercise that would be a better and kinder use of our time.