What will corps do at the shows?

Just saw my way too young looking female type doctor (who is REALLY current on things 👍) today for a blood  pressure check. I had heard that it takes 2 weeks for last shot to fully take effect and she verified it. 
So now my countdown is two weeks from coming Saturday (when I get “shotted”)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just saw my way too young looking female type doctor (who is REALLY current on things 👍) today for a blood  pressure check. I had heard that it takes 2 weeks for last shot to fully take effect and she verified it. 

Yup. And Friday will be two weeks from my second shot. (Only side effect was a sore deltoid for a day.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

CDC says fully vaccinated Americans can go without masks outdoors, except in crowded settings 

The guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the latest set of recommendations for people who are two weeks past their final shot and for those who have not yet been inoculated. The guidelines address growing calls from infectious-disease and other public health experts to relax mask mandates for the outdoors because breezes disperse airborne virus particles, distancing is easier, and humidity and sunlight render the coronavirus less viable. 

For that reason, the guidance also says even unvaccinated individuals may go without masks when walking, jogging or biking outdoors with household members. However, officials caution that crowded outdoor settings still pose risks and urge everyone — both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals — to wear masks when attending sporting events, live performances and parades.

From today’s Washington Post

Masks outdoors is not really necessary. Watching people wear a mask while driving alone in a car or walking in a nature trail or forest is bazar. Rough is open take off the mask. Bad when you see all the mask's littered on walking trails - running trails and our streets. 

If you watch the evening news with sports updates you can see the majority of baseball fans not wearing a mask. The pandemic will not last forever. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Masks outdoors is not really necessary. Watching people wear a mask while driving alone in a car or walking in a nature trail or forest is bazar. Rough is open take off the mask. Bad when you see all the mask's littered on walking trails - running trails and our streets. 

If you watch the evening news with sports updates you can see the majority of baseball fans not wearing a mask. The pandemic will not last forever. 

I don’t get the mask while alone either.  But I prefer to get my medical advice from my doctor and not some whatevers sitting in a ballpark.

Yes pandemic will not last forever. So let’s shorten the wait time if we can by taking precautions when appropriate 

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey Jim, hope you are doing well! 

Our resident expert should be able to definitively wade in on this, but from what I've read from the research the effectiveness is based on a gradual curve starting with the first dose. By the time of the second dose the effectiveness is above 80%, after 14-15 days post second dose boost the vaccinated is considered "fully vaccinated', percentage dependent on which vaccine is used - keeping in mind that none of them promise complete immunity.  nothing is absolute, and the jury is still out on all the emerging variants.

we are getting there, but we still don't know what we don't know!  Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what both DCI and DCA innovatively come up with.

13 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Hey Jim, hope you are doing well! 

Our resident expert should be able to definitively wade in on this, but from what I've read from the research the effectiveness is based on a gradual curve starting with the first dose. By the time of the second dose the effectiveness is above 80%, after 14-15 days post second dose boost the vaccinated is considered "fully vaccinated', percentage dependent on which vaccine is used - keeping in mind that none of them promise complete immunity.  nothing is absolute, and the jury is still out on all the emerging variants.

we are getting there, but we still don't know what we don't know!  Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what both DCI and DCA innovatively come up with.

Thanks John, I’m hanging in there buddy. Hope you are too down in Flori-duh. 😈And oh yeah, nothing in medicine (or anything else) is 100%. Just try for the best chance and keep on plugging. 
And even my doctor said PAs instructions for vaccinations by group by certain dates was confusing. With my PA German background I’d say “befuddled” (all confused). Not sure what her (India based?) ethnic group would call it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 4/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks first I read that there would be 3 days of events. But.... I only get my info here so 🤷🏼‍♂️

And this begs the question of what exactly is being scheduled for the 3 days in Indy?  Playing devils advocate.   Are all corps that are going there, putting on performances, each of the 3 days?  The same performance 3 times?  Or are some of the corps performing each day?  DCI is pricing a 3 day package at +/- $275.  That’s a lot of money for non competitive repeated exhibitions where the crowd (?) is likely the same each day.  More clarity is needed IMO. I can see 3 different shows in the Boston area just prior to Indy, with the traveling Northeast “bubble”.   Then see them again in Indy.  But at a significantly increased cost.  Maybe I’m missing something so anyone please bring me up to speed.

Maybe half the group performs on Thursday, the other half performs on Friday and fans vote for their faves over the 2 days and the top 12 perform Saturday?

Thanks for your indulgence.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And this begs the question of what exactly is being scheduled for the 3 days in Indy?  Playing devils advocate.   Are all corps that are going there, putting on performances, each of the 3 days?  The same performance 3 times?  Or are some of the corps performing each day?  DCI is pricing a 3 day package at +/- $275.  That’s a lot of money for non competitive repeated exhibitions where the crowd (?) is likely the same each day.  More clarity is needed IMO. I can see 3 different shows in the Boston area just prior to Indy, with the traveling Northeast “bubble”.   Then see them again in Indy.  But at a significantly increased cost.  Maybe I’m missing something so anyone please bring me up to speed.

Maybe half the group performs on Thursday, the other half performs on Friday and fans vote for their faves over the 2 days and the top 12 perform Saturday?

I’m not sure what the format is going to be but if I were to guess, a lot of the content will be video presentations to help fill out time. But ... I still ordered my tickets. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

After ordering my tix, I hope they're allowed to perform all (3) days/nights similar to the traditional championship format.  It can be accomplished without a competitive format.  The corps could add some of their iconic 'traditional' selections each night to their performance.  I want to see them 3x; it's a "celebrate".

:dancin:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup. And Friday will be two weeks from my second shot. (Only side effect was a sore deltoid for a day.)

I got the JNJ Janssen on 4/5 before the pause.So I’m almost at a month.

I haven’t wore a mask on my daily walk ever.  But I encounter maybe one person on a ten foot path.