What will corps do at the shows?

Jeff Ream has been the most 'Financial" Creditable Hawk in this forum regarding organizations's finances and all organizations have suffered huge losses.

Drum Corps International posted:
Schedule of 2021 events leading into Indianapolis
https://www.dci.org/news/schedule-of-2021-events-leading-into-indianapolis
03-31-2021 12:05

The outline of the article is weak in content factual information.

I expect we will see some current music programs. But as others have said like (Poppycock), It's basically a dog and pony show to keep the brand/Name alive.
It may be streamed, but the content will probably be a lot of virtual video clips, some new video clips but, basically it's a dog and pony show just to keep DCI alive in a sea of debt and commitments.

I stated in a previous post that in my state of California, things are so screwed up that it's near impossible for any group to travel, due to bus companies
gone out of business because of COVID. We still have state/counties dictating whether HS sports can resume yet HS cheerleading is restricted.

While some are optimistic about a 2021 season, I am not. Too much government interaction/ control.

Dr. Anthony Fauci accepted the job as Joe Biden's chief medical adviser and he has continually flip flopped daily as Joe Biden's chief medical advisor regarding COVID precautions, vaccines/ general interaction/ and COVID population control.

Additionally, we have government federal/ state/ local wanting to mandate some type of COVID vaccination verification to attend mass events and we have a population that does not trust the government and refuses to get vaccinated.

Final Notes:

I agree with Poppycock
This dog and pony show in Indy may be about supporting the individual groups performing whatever groups can assemble to perform, but it’s more about
re-funding DCI. I applaud those organizations who decided to sit this one out.

Looking to 2022 as a return to the 'marching arts activity'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you obviously don't understand DCI will never open the roof...for started the stadium has no drainage system. Second with the windows on the ends of the building, even with an open roof you have an acoustic nightmare. and finally, an open roof and you have black fabric in the back flying everywhere.

The roof takes a very long time to open as well.  It is not a simple procedure.  They have to  be absolutely sure that there is no chance of a surprise weather event. 

Edited by Continental

nope. to be honest we have heard pretty much nothing other than something is happening for 3 days in Indy with most of the corps

Corps releasing show info all the time at their websites. Some of its posted here. DCI are hosting those shows. 

and Darwin smiled

It appears you and others are happy thinking that somehow all the UFC fans will die. Meanwhile same thing was said about the super bowl parties, the beach, other events inside and out. Bad look that post. Be better. Do better. 

right because how do you know who was and was not vaccinated?

you don't.

How do I know if someone had the flu shot? Other questions these types of health questions opens up is can a company or organization then ask you if you are HIV positive or have AIDS.  The possibilities for any company or organization to ask you anything is wide open then. 

you obviously don't understand DCI will never open the roof...for started the stadium has no drainage system. Second with the windows on the ends of the building, even with an open roof you have an acoustic nightmare. and finally, an open roof and you have black fabric in the back flying everywhere.

It was said more as in jest as in open the roof and then mask could be removed. But rushing to placing up obstacles you had to get excited and show that the roof could never be opened up. 

31 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Corps releasing show info all the time at their websites. Some of its posted here. DCI are hosting those shows. 

It appears you and others are happy thinking that somehow all the UFC fans will die. Meanwhile same thing was said about the super bowl parties, the beach, other events inside and out. Bad look that post. Be better. Do better. 

How do I know if someone had the flu shot? Other questions these types of health questions opens up is can a company or organization then ask you if you are HIV positive or have AIDS.  The possibilities for any company or organization to ask you anything is wide open then. 

It was said more as in jest as in open the roof and then mask could be removed. But rushing to placing up obstacles you had to get excited and show that the roof could never be opened up. 

Corps releasing what they are going to do is not saying what the Indy format will be like.

Missed the point on not knowing if the unmasked/undistanced person next to you has Covid. And how that relates to person with HIV or AIDS escapes me as not spread through the air.

As for “placing obstacles” no one here is placing anything. We are being honest with the challenges DCI and the corps are facing. If DCI and the corps are smart they are doing the same.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And if there is a loss, do the member corps chip in to keep DCI’s offices open? Or does DCI live off its credit cards? 
(I’m not convinced they are going to turn a profit.)

no clue. i dont expect they'll lose a lot due to the contract with Indy. they didnt lose in 09 and 10 when attendance of half of what we have seen the last few years

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

The black backdrop used during the 2000 Finals Week held up ok for an outdoors stadium.  Just a little wavy at times . 

the drainage is the #1 issue, and we all know thunderstorms love Indy during finals week

7 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Jeff Ream has been the most 'Financial" Creditable Hawk in this forum regarding organizations's finances and all organizations have suffered huge losses.

Drum Corps International posted:
Schedule of 2021 events leading into Indianapolis
https://www.dci.org/news/schedule-of-2021-events-leading-into-indianapolis
03-31-2021 12:05

The outline of the article is weak in content factual information.

I expect we will see some current music programs. But as others have said like (Poppycock), It's basically a dog and pony show to keep the brand/Name alive.
It may be streamed, but the content will probably be a lot of virtual video clips, some new video clips but, basically it's a dog and pony show just to keep DCI alive in a sea of debt and commitments.

I stated in a previous post that in my state of California, things are so screwed up that it's near impossible for any group to travel, due to bus companies
gone out of business because of COVID. We still have state/counties dictating whether HS sports can resume yet HS cheerleading is restricted.

While some are optimistic about a 2021 season, I am not. Too much government interaction/ control.

Dr. Anthony Fauci accepted the job as Joe Biden's chief medical adviser and he has continually flip flopped daily as Joe Biden's chief medical advisor regarding COVID precautions, vaccines/ general interaction/ and COVID population control.

Additionally, we have government federal/ state/ local wanting to mandate some type of COVID vaccination verification to attend mass events and we have a population that does not trust the government and refuses to get vaccinated.

Final Notes:

I agree with Poppycock
This dog and pony show in Indy may be about supporting the individual groups performing whatever groups can assemble to perform, but it’s more about
re-funding DCI. I applaud those organizations who decided to sit this one out.

Looking to 2022 as a return to the 'marching arts activity'.

Garfield has been the financial hawk, not me.