What will corps do at the shows?

32 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Corps releasing show info all the time at their websites. Some of its posted here. DCI are hosting those shows. 

It appears you and others are happy thinking that somehow all the UFC fans will die. Meanwhile same thing was said about the super bowl parties, the beach, other events inside and out. Bad look that post. Be better. Do better. 

How do I know if someone had the flu shot? Other questions these types of health questions opens up is can a company or organization then ask you if you are HIV positive or have AIDS.  The possibilities for any company or organization to ask you anything is wide open then. 

It was said more as in jest as in open the roof and then mask could be removed. But rushing to placing up obstacles you had to get excited and show that the roof could never be opened up. 

show info does not explain what the actual events will be, who is in them, etc. follow along the details of the conversation. 

I don't want anyone to die. i want people to be smart. and after a year, i have little sympathy for those that are not being smart. you can lead the horse to water, but you can't make them drink. as far as trying to compare to HIV, i hope you realize that transmits far differently than Covid does, so that kinda kills anything else you typed there.

and we arent rushing to put up obstacles. we are pointing out real world logistical and liability concerns that everyone needs to be aware of. i get it you never care to hear about logistics and liability, but they are real and legit issues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

show info does not explain what the actual events will be, who is in them, etc. follow along the details of the conversation. 

I don't want anyone to die. i want people to be smart. and after a year, i have little sympathy for those that are not being smart. you can lead the horse to water, but you can't make them drink. as far as trying to compare to HIV, i hope you realize that transmits far differently than Covid does, so that kinda kills anything else you typed there.

and we arent rushing to put up obstacles. we are pointing out real world logistical and liability concerns that everyone needs to be aware of. i get it you never care to hear about logistics and liability, but they are real and legit issues.

Thank you for the suggestions on the conversation. I follow along just fine. 

Not saying the transmission of HIV and Covid were comparable - I was saying that its a slippery slope to ask people if they have been vaccinated or if they have had Covid. In my opinion it opens the door to ask about flu shots or to ask someone if they have HIV etc. Which is totally wrong because that type of information could keep someone from being employed or educated. Some places are trying that route but there are exceptions to everything and the courts will most likely decide it. Personal life liberty and pursuit of happiness and all. 

Sure you are rushing to put up or point out obstacles. You want DCI to turn a profit when their entire goal was to keep the fire burning. Other organizations have dealt with logistics and liability for almost a year now. why not DCI? I get logistics again no need for a lecture. 

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Profit?  Today, it is all about growth.  And this "bridge" tour is certain to grow in-person attendance infinity% over last year.

but ya gotta pay bills too

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Corps releasing what they are going to do is not saying what the Indy format will be like.

Missed the point on not knowing if the unmasked/undistanced person next to you has Covid. And how that relates to person with HIV or AIDS escapes me as not spread through the air.

As for “placing obstacles” no one here is placing anything. We are being honest with the challenges DCI and the corps are facing. If DCI and the corps are smart they are doing the same.

That was not the point. I was pointing out that asking someone if they are vaccinated or not and if they have had it or not is an issue that is not going to go over very well. 

Not to mention it would create a fake id market or fake vaccine certificate market. 

Just now, O'Neal's said:

Thank you for the suggestions on the conversation. I follow along just fine. 

Not saying the transmission of HIV and Covid were comparable - I was saying that its a slippery slope to ask people if they have been vaccinated or if they have had Covid. In my opinion it opens the door to ask about flu shots or to ask someone if they have HIV etc. Which is totally wrong because that type of information could keep someone from being employed or educated. Some places are trying that route but there are exceptions to everything and the courts will most likely decide it. Personal life liberty and pursuit of happiness and all. 

Sure you are rushing to put up or point out obstacles. You want DCI to turn a profit when their entire goal was to keep the fire burning. Other organizations have dealt with logistics and liability for almost a year now. why not DCI? I get logistics again no need for a lecture. 

you're HIV analogies are invalid on so many levels it makes suggestions to drink bleach look reasonable so i am just ignoring that going forward. 

and no i am not rushing to put obstacles. much of what i have listed are real world concerns listed in that DCI manifesto that leaked out months ago and what many other parts of the world and activities are dealing with. 

i want DCI to survive. and in todays world, if protocols arent followed properly one lawsuit blows everything to hell and kills it forever. and to be honest, very few organizations have dealt with the challenges because so little has actually run.

get sued once and you'll understand a lot

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the drainage is the #1 issue, and we all know thunderstorms love Indy during finals week

Here's an example of "jest" for O'Neal's:

1) Lucas Oil Stadium opens roof for DCI Championship Finals.

2) Indianapolis receives a 'biblical' historic torrential rain event for that day/night.

3) Due to lack of drainage, Lucas Oil Stadium fills with water over the 600 level.

4) Due to the 'aquarian effect', some 30,000+ DCI spectators loose their life due to historic flooding.

Jest (verb): the act of speaking or acting in a joking manner.   :whistle: :spitting:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

That was not the point. I was pointing out that asking someone if they are vaccinated or not and if they have had it or not is an issue that is not going to go over very well. 

Not to mention it would create a fake id market or fake vaccine certificate market. 

If you noticed I never said anything about asking if someone was vaccinated. Believe me I know what the HIPAA laws state. I was saying there is no way to tell if a unmasked/undistanced person is vaccinated or not. And from what I’m reading the chance of not vaccinated will be higher than expected. 
Like I told JohnZ yesterday nothing is 100% so you take your chances. Having large percentage of non protected people around you hurts those chances

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Here's an example of "jest" for O'Neal's:

1) Lucas Oil Stadium opens roof for DCI Championship Finals.

2) Indianapolis receives a 'biblical' historic torrential rain event for that day/night.

3) Due to lack of drainage, Lucas Oil Stadium fills with water over the 600 level.

4) Due to the 'aquarian effect', some 30,000+ DCI spectators loose their life due to historic flooding.

Jest (verb): the act of speaking or acting in a joking manner.   :whistle: :spitting:   

i would have accepted to the 200 level LOL

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

get sued once and you'll understand a lot

And you can win or have the lawsuit thrown out and still lose everything from court costs and lawyer fees. 
Know someone who plea bargained to probation so he wouldn’t have to take out a huge loan to fight. Said he was innocent but feeding the wife and kids was more important 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1