What will corps do at the shows?

55 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Garfield has been the financial hawk, not me.

He had some valuable insights, but they are lost to us now because a handful of posters made it so unpleasant for him here that he doesn’t post here anymore.  

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

He had some valuable insights, but they are lost to us now because a handful of posters made it so unpleasant for him here that he doesn’t post here anymore.  

i think he made it unpleasant on himself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Here's an example of "jest" for O'Neal's:

1) Lucas Oil Stadium opens roof for DCI Championship Finals.

2) Indianapolis receives a 'biblical' historic torrential rain event for that day/night.

3) Due to lack of drainage, Lucas Oil Stadium fills with water over the 600 level.

4) Due to the 'aquarian effect', some 30,000+ DCI spectators loose their life due to historic flooding.

Jest (verb): the act of speaking or acting in a joking manner.   :whistle: :spitting:   

Don’t the windows open?  It seems to me that invalidates your otherwise plausible theory.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And you can win or have the lawsuit thrown out and still lose everything from court costs and lawyer fees. 
Know someone who plea bargained to probation so he wouldn’t have to take out a huge loan to fight. Said he was innocent but feeding the wife and kids was more important 

I run a small Land Surveying/Civil Engineering company.

We carry Professional Liability (Errors and Omission ) Insurance.

If we get sued ,my insurance company determines how to proceed, not necessarily on whether we are right or wrong, but their estimated cost to go through a trial, as opposed settle.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skevinp said:

A handful of posters try to make it unpleasant for me. I will stick it out and be better than them and their baiting - flaming of threads - trolling. 

15 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I run a small Land Surveying/Civil Engineering company.

We carry Professional Liability (Errors and Omission ) Insurance.

If we get sued ,my insurance company determines how to proceed, not necessarily on whether we are right or wrong, but their estimated cost to go through a trial, as opposed settle.

In this one the owner of a pharmacy got caught up in a sting operation. Later found out state was after 2 businesses but roped in 8 for unknown reasons. About every other week the 2 the state were after filed appeals. Of course the other 6 had to appear with their lawyers and just sit there. *Ka ching* for lawyers and hiring an outside pharmacist for the day. After multiple appeals the lawyers for the 6 got with the state and accepted 2 year probation to cut loose from the money pit.

Supposedly that’s when the 6 found out they were only there for appearances. The main 2 finally ended up with jail time and professional license revoked.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

13 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

A handful of posters try to make it unpleasant for me. I will stick it out and be better than them and their baiting - flaming of threads - trolling. 

Do you consider discussing different sides of an issue trolling? And do you consider putting snarky 😆 to posts adding to the conversation.... or being mature? Really, someone worried about not being able to provide for his family rates a 😆to you? Thought you said your family has a small business too. Only difference is the type of business

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Interesting how one doesn’t even have to name names...

I have found the block feature to be invaluable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Believe me I know what the HIPAA laws state.

Not trying to get into the rest of the conversation, just want to point out HIPAA laws would not apply.  HIPAA only applies to organizations involved in medical treatment- doctors, hospitals, insurance company, medical labs, etc.  Employers can share your medical info without violating HIPAA.  Ethical or moral, maybe not.  But HIPAA doesn’t apply.

• Thanks 1