What will corps do at the shows?

5 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Possible that the cosmos could be more important than we know. 

But you have to say “in the cosmic scheme of things” like a guru or stoner.

Then “it don’t mean ...” like the guy in the chili cookoff vid...

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I’m just basing that off what I’ve read on dcp over the years. I don’t remember any specific corps. I can see corps approved, transparent posts on here but I could fully understand them not wanting anonymous posts. 

Posting is one thing POSTING can be quite another. Members have been sent home over " postings " most from facebook. Most corps to answer your question even DCA corps have discussed this with members over the past several years. This i know 1st hand😉

My advice to any new member would be focus on why you are where you are  learn, become part of something bigger than yourself, respect and for sure enjoy. An experience of a lifetime.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Do you think Ludwig will ever manufacture split shells again? 

Wow, you know about the Ludwig split shells?  Impressive!  I love their vintage kits from the 60s.  You can still special order their "split shell" on their Coliseum 8x14 model:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-28aC8mFM6Y

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

52 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow, you know about the Ludwig split shells?  Impressive!  I love their vintage kits from the 60s.  You can still special order their "split shell" on their Coliseum 8x14 model:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-28aC8mFM6Y

I did not know you could get the coliseum snare with the split. Thanks for the video.

Were all those split shells made in the 80's Chicago. 

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Possible that the cosmos could be more important than we know. 

Maybe! Like ‘remember when’ (aka the lowest form of conversation per Tony Soprano)  or perhaps ‘I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another’ Don’t you love outer space 🪐 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I did not know you could get the coliseum snare with the split. Thanks for the video.

Were all those split shells made in the 80's Chicago. 

Until the early 80s.  Phantom's famous split shells were manufactured in Chicago.  William F. Ludwig II retired in 1981 & sold to the Selmer Co.  They moved to Monroe, NC in 1984 & their product took a dive in the 80 & 90s.  Sometime in the 2000s, they brought back some of their old manufacturing personnel & really improved their quality.  They also brought back their 3-ply shell series a few years ago in both mahogany & maple.  Here's a good timeline from their about section:

https://www.ludwig-drums.com/en-us/ludwig/about         

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

10 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Until the early 80s.  Phantom's famous split shells were manufactured in Chicago.  William F. Ludwig II retired in 1981 & sold to the Selmer Co.  They moved to Monroe, NC in 1984 & their product took a dive in the 80 & 90s.  Sometime in the 2000s, they brought back some of their old manufacturing personnel & really improved their quality.  They also brought back their 3-ply shell series a few years ago in both mahogany & maple.  Here's a good timeline from their about section:

https://www.ludwig-drums.com/en-us/ludwig/about         

Marty was a legend in the percussion circles. I know a couple of instructors now who marched under Marty at Phantom and also in Louisiana.  Was he the reason they brought split shells to Phantom? Maybe Someone like Phantom should march them this year, but they would have to make them on their own or ask Ludwig to do it as a special? 

What was the sound like? I just read a few things available out on the cosmic lines that are mixed or poor reviews on sound.