What will corps do at the shows?

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think the correct answer would be all of them. funny thing is, having talked to many administrators in many corps, many staff and DCI office folk they all love to bash DCP, but they are quick to reach out to find out who a poster may be because of something that was posted on DCP.

Back in the early days of DCP, there was a corps alumnus who would comment about his corps' design direction, saying what was wrong and what needed to be changed.

A board member of said corps sent him a very critical PM about his comments. 

He didn't hesitate to post who had said it and what was said. 

Just because members are no longer with a corps does not make them immune from criticism from the corps itself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

New York City may not be the best example of things trying to get back to normal.

The Governor of NY decides what can open,not the Mayor ,and Cuomo loves sticking it to DiBalzio.

Its gotten worse with DiBlazio calling for him resign or be impeached.

The September 1 date is what some theater groups have said.

WOR has a morning host who knows Broadway inside out.

He's been saying there are a lot of hurdles that have to be overcome for Broadway to reopen.

Right now,most shows need pretty much 100% capacity to be profitable.

Doesn't seem to be any chance of that being allowed,anytime soon.

One solution is for the theater unions to agree to temporary changes in work rules.

For example,a "one man" show must have a 5 piece orchestra.

So far,according to him, the unions won't budge.

Even if they do allow 100% seating,will people come ?

Tourism is non existent.

The that fact  that,between the homeless encampments, and "drugged out zombies"  (his words)  midtown is a devastation during the day,forget at night, won't help.

My wife and I live about 20 minutes from midtown.

Used to go to Manhattan all the time.

We'd park at the Port Authority and walk from there.

Not now.

In addition to not being safe,the police are now stationing 80 additional officers in the area,the stench of urine and feces in midtown,including Times Square,will knock you over.

Insanely stupid. If you are going to point to science for policy then do what science seems to indicate. To limit capacity with clear herd immunity is maddening.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think the correct answer would be all of them. funny thing is, having talked to many administrators in many corps, many staff and DCI office folk they all love to bash DCP, but they are quick to reach out to find out who a poster may be because of something that was posted on DCP.

Not all of them. Members are on many different sm platforms. I never heard anyone bash DCP. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Back in the early days of DCP, there was a corps alumnus who would comment about his corps' design direction, saying what was wrong and what needed to be changed.

A board member of said corps sent him a very critical PM about his comments. 

He didn't hesitate to post who had said it and what was said. 

Just because members are no longer with a corps does not make them immune from criticism from the corps itself. 

Sounds like the corps board member was trying to bully the alumni. Terrible way to approach that type of disagreement. 

• Haha 1