What will corps do at the shows?

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And to be Captain Obvious, the professional sports are concerned with the bottom line so more likely to push reopening. The schools are more concerned with safety so more willing to wait.

Got me thinking.... how can you have a nationwide activity like DCI try to set things up with the hundreds of local school districts/towns that have their own set of rules.

Does DCI need to cancel everything now? 

18 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

If you take a look at the recent UFC event which was indoor masks wearing was up to the individual. 

Which was not what I was responding to...

17 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Does DCI need to cancel everything now? 

Wasn’t talking about cancelling. Just bringing up the challenges involved in getting things to work. I want DCI and DCA to have something this season. But not going to turn a blind eye to what’s involved.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

That is one of things about it that is the scariest.

One of the reasons why PA opened up Covid shots to all earlier than expected. Estimated the date based on number of vaccines available and number of people in the first groups.

Then found out there were a lot of open appointments because people are refusing to get the vaccine. There’s a scary thought when with maskless people....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One of the reasons why PA opened up Covid shots to all earlier than expected. Estimated the date based on number of vaccines available and number of people in the first groups.

Then found out there were a lot of open appointments because people are refusing to get the vaccine. There’s a scary though when with maskless people....

If I attended any show this summer, I would wear a mask all the time including situations where there are parking lot activities where there is the strong chance people will crowd. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

If I attended any show this summer, I would wear a mask all the time including situations where there are parking lot activities where there is the strong chance people will crowd. 

Somewhere in the most recent set of press releases DCI has stated there will be no spectators in the lot...😒

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Somewhere in the most recent set of press releases DCI has stated there will be no spectators in the lot...😒

Thank you but one clarification, is it no spectators in the lot or is it no corps allowed to warm up in the lot that will draw spectators?

I would still wear a mask though. 

Edit: This is what DCI posted.  Thank you for the notification.

Post-performance interaction with family, friends and other performers will not be possible for this summer. Performers and staff will not reenter the stadium after performances. Family members, fans, alumni and sponsors will not be permitted in “backstage” areas. This includes parking lots, warm-up zones, corps entry/exit gates and tunnels.

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Continental said:

Post-performance interaction with family, friends and other performers will not be possible for this summer. Performers and staff will not reenter the stadium after performances. Family members, fans, alumni and sponsors will not be permitted in “backstage” areas. This includes parking lots, warm-up zones, corps entry/exit gates and tunnels.

Know this is from 800 years ago (IOW last fall) but my college band did an exhibition show in a distanced stadium and online. Before last number director told parents to wait 20 minutes before trying to see their kids. “That way we won’t have a crowd while they are putting the equipment away and changing. Better yet, meet them back at the dorms”

CDC says fully vaccinated Americans can go without masks outdoors, except in crowded settings 

The guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the latest set of recommendations for people who are two weeks past their final shot and for those who have not yet been inoculated. The guidelines address growing calls from infectious-disease and other public health experts to relax mask mandates for the outdoors because breezes disperse airborne virus particles, distancing is easier, and humidity and sunlight render the coronavirus less viable. 

For that reason, the guidance also says even unvaccinated individuals may go without masks when walking, jogging or biking outdoors with household members. However, officials caution that crowded outdoor settings still pose risks and urge everyone — both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals — to wear masks when attending sporting events, live performances and parades.

From today’s Washington Post

• Thanks 1