What will corps do at the shows?

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Fortunately or UN fortunately...depends ..I can tell you sometimes during the audition process or interviews things do show through. Everyone deserves a chance BUT there are always those who all staff keep a very close eye on. Fortunately there are many who learn and learn fast and IMO are better off in so many ways, even when the season is over BUT there are always those who will never learn and that also seems to follow them around.

As I said for those who are looking for a great experience that the activity can offer, stay focused, listen, learn, respect etc etc. It's worth it. 

When potential members audition with corps sometimes you can tell what type of staff or instructor they are. True colors are shown. Then the potential member will either find a different corps to audition with or wait until the staff member slips up and is not around due to various legal or moral reasons. 

In the end all the potential member was looking for was serious and ethical instruction. 

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

I hope people are not mistreated because they are different.

Unfortunately in some places people have been and will be mistreated. Maybe in today's DCI the members feel like they have an avenue to be heard if something is going on. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

When potential members audition with corps sometimes you can tell what type of staff or instructor they are. True colors are shown. Then the potential member will either find a different corps to audition with or wait until the staff member slips up and is not around due to various legal or moral reasons. 

In the end all the potential member was looking for was serious and ethical instruction. 

Youre right..true colors  are shown. Sooner or later but usually very transparent

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Do you consider discussing different sides of an issue trolling? And do you consider putting snarky 😆 to posts adding to the conversation.... or being mature? Really, someone worried about not being able to provide for his family rates a 😆to you? Thought you said your family has a small business too. Only difference is the type of business

here's the good news Jim...just be an ######## consistently and you won't care. but remember when you want to be an ######## to me stand up so i can hear you 🤣

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

It would certainly be better to use the ignore feature personally than to try to eliminate a poster by running them off. 

i don't try to run anyone off. agree disagree, i dont care. on the few occasions i have actually hit the report button it was because something was blatantly offensive

10 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

And this would be horribly disappointing for someone, like myself, who enjoys going to Military Park to watch warm ups especially when you have a student marching.  How can they "police" & enforce this policy in an 'outdoor' public space?  That rule would be similar to the NCAA's FCS (Division 1-AA) "No bands in the Stadium" policy for the playoffs through the championship in May.  I understand wanting to keep everyone safe, but it's ridiculous!  (Especially given the updated CDC guidelines for outdoor events for the "fully vaccinated".

#ThisDeservesAProtestMarch  :soapbox:   

i mentioned that about Allentown. how the hell are you going to police that, even with only 5 corps?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Continental said:

Technically the modern day equivalent of the T-top.  Roof comes off, side windows go down. 

1976Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-51913-e159

the car drains better

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Planning on it. Which corps frown on posting here at dcp? I will ask and see what type of answer I get. 

i think the correct answer would be all of them. funny thing is, having talked to many administrators in many corps, many staff and DCI office folk they all love to bash DCP, but they are quick to reach out to find out who a poster may be because of something that was posted on DCP.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Do you think Ludwig will ever manufacture split shells again? 

i hope not unless they can guarantee the line will be perfect on every single rep

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Maybe! Like ‘remember when’ (aka the lowest form of conversation per Tony Soprano)  or perhaps ‘I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another’ Don’t you love outer space 🪐 

don't tell me you listen to "Pod yourself a gun" too!

• Haha 1