2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

DCI and various Corps continue to plan and move toward the summer season.  Each Corps, as well as DCI, has (or will have) a Covid Plan, which includes testing symptom checks and the like.  Details likely will vary from unit to unit.

My question is this:  If one (or more) members or staff of a given Corps test positive for Covid during ST/tour, what happens then?  I would assume (dangerous) that the Covid Plan would spell out what happens in this event; I am truly curious what this is.  Remove the member & place individual in quarantine?  Place the whole Corps in quarantine (which would likely mean missing some performances)?  Put entire Corps in quarantine and when period is over send everyone who is not sick) home?  Or something else?

I think this is a 'Hope for the best, plan for the worse' situation.

• Like 1

As I recall, a lot of this was covered in DCI's "Tour Restart Health and Safety Guidelines".

That document came out in late November, so I'm sure DCI will have update their guidelines based on current CDC criteria.

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

As I recall, a lot of this was covered in DCI's "Tour Restart Health and Safety Guidelines".

That document came out in late November, so I'm sure DCI will have update their guidelines based on current CDC criteria.

Yes, a lot of this was covered, but for whatever reason (insert DCI conspiracy theory of your choice), the Covid document is no longer on line.  

Publishing the information could go a long way in mitigating some concerns potential marching members (or their parents) have concerning th eproposed summer events.

Perhaps the document is now stored in the same secure location as 1975 Muchachos score sheets.

• Haha 6

There are some corps with information on their websites

I got the JNJ Janssen today.  I read that here in Illinois that they’re vaccinating 16 and  up with the Pfizer now.   That should help with reopening drum corps.   Dr. Fauci said today that there is very little chance that vaccinated people will spread the virus. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I got the JNJ Janssen today.  I read that here in Illinois that they’re vaccinating 16 and  up with the Pfizer now.   That should help with reopening drum corps.   Dr. Fauci said today that there is very little chance that vaccinated people will spread the virus. 

Congrats! I got my first Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago.  In Michigan, everyone 16 and up is eligible for vaccination. With MI, in a huge surge of cases, that’s good news.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI and various Corps continue to plan and move toward the summer season.  Each Corps, as well as DCI, has (or will have) a Covid Plan, which includes testing symptom checks and the like.  Details likely will vary from unit to unit.

My question is this:  If one (or more) members or staff of a given Corps test positive for Covid during ST/tour, what happens then?  I would assume (dangerous) that the Covid Plan would spell out what happens in this event; I am truly curious what this is.  Remove the member & place individual in quarantine?  Place the whole Corps in quarantine (which would likely mean missing some performances)?  Put entire Corps in quarantine and when period is over send everyone who is not sick) home?  Or something else?

I think this is a 'Hope for the best, plan for the worse' situation.

i dont have a copy of the manifesto that was circulating a while ago, but i don't remember seeing this possibility covered in there.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

In my county, in North Carolina, anyone can get a vaccination.  Our local Engels grocery store pharmacy is giving them out to anyone over the age of 16 that wants one. 

The health department is also vaccinating anyone over 18 that wants one.  

• Like 1