2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

The next day was fine for us, but I have had significant hip pain starting a couple of days after. Joint pain is said to be a potential side effect, but it also may be just a coincidence. 

My neck hurt and the wrist I broke was really painful. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

The next day was fine for us, but I have had significant hip pain starting a couple of days after. Joint pain is said to be a potential side effect, but it also may be just a coincidence. 

Which vaccine did you get?   I got the JNJ Janssen so I don’t have to go back. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

There were young people on there getting vaccinated Monday.

My son and daughter-in-law (ages 35) got their first jabs a week after Hope and me at Ford Field. Interestingly enough, they got the Pfizer vaccine and Hope and I got the Moderna, so all of us will get our second jab within a day of each other.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t schedule anything big the day after.  The side effects are like a milder flu.  Especially if you have a robust immune system.

I was wasted for 36 hours or so after my 2nd Moderna shot. Fever and chills overnight and all the next day/night. Seemed to turn off like a light switch after that. Went from fever to fine instantaneously.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I was wasted for 36 hours or so after my 2nd Moderna shot. Fever and chills overnight and all the next day/night. Seemed to turn off like a light switch after that. Went from fever to fine instantaneously.

With so many having some issues after their second shot, I wonder if there should be more time before getting the final shot.  We should have an answer before the end of the day.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Here in Maine, tomorrow 4/8 they are opening up the vaccines to EVERYBODY 16 yrs old and older, with anyone under 18 requiring parental consent.  I agree that the individual drum corps will have no trouble requiring vaccinations for all members, staff and support staff. In BAC's case, they are again having their spring training in the remote location of Castleton, Vermont, literally surrounded by mountains and not near anything.  Talk about a bubble! As they started a couple years ago, they will probably continue having the members sleep in the dorms and eat in the dining center.  I plan to visit them there and to attend all three local shows they will be at in August.   Having said that, I just don't understand the negativity and at times outright anger by some people here on DCP.  If Boston and Cadets and Bluecoats want to tour, let them.  If BD, SCV and Crown want to follow a different path this summer, that's fine as well. I am just happy that menbers will be able to participate once again.

Great info on the local area - and what Boston are doing. 

For the bolded I don't understand either. But I am looking forward to the summer shows! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Meanwhile, my 97 year old mother got the Moderna and had zero symptoms even after the second shot. Wierd.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That means you have a robust immune system.  Good news! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Here in Maine, tomorrow 4/8 they are opening up the vaccines to EVERYBODY 16 yrs old and older, with anyone under 18 requiring parental consent.  I agree that the individual drum corps will have no trouble requiring vaccinations for all members, staff and support staff. In BAC's case, they are again having their spring training in the remote location of Castleton, Vermont, literally surrounded by mountains and not near anything.  Talk about a bubble! As they started a couple years ago, they will probably continue having the members sleep in the dorms and eat in the dining center.  I plan to visit them there and to attend all three local shows they will be at in August.   Having said that, I just don't understand the negativity and at times outright anger by some people here on DCP.  If Boston and Cadets and Bluecoats want to tour, let them.  If BD, SCV and Crown want to follow a different path this summer, that's fine as well. I am just happy that menbers will be able to participate once again.

craiga - You may have already done this. But before you make the journey over the river....through the woods....and across the mountains to Vermont, check to see if they will be allowing visitors. I thought I read somewhere (maybe the DCI "manifesto" that people in the bubble wouldn't be able to interact with visitors. I'm not sure how that would affect people wanting to watch rehearsals.

• Like 1