2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

With so many having some issues after their second shot, I wonder if there should be more time before getting the final shot.  We should have an answer before the end of the day.

I have to wait 4 months between shots.  That was a government decision which I hope gets changed. 

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

craiga - You may have already done this. But before you make the journey over the river....through the woods....and across the mountains to Vermont, check to see if they will be allowing visitors. I thought I read somewhere (maybe the DCI "manifesto" that people in the bubble wouldn't be able to interact with visitors. I'm not sure how that would affect people wanting to watch rehearsals.

Good idea! Maybe my Covid Vaccine card might get me in.....?

I just had my second shot last Tuesday.  My arm was a little sore for a day, and I had a couple days where I just felt a bit tired.  I would have no problem doing this every year if it was necessary.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, craiga said:

I just had my second shot last Tuesday.  My arm was a little sore for a day, and I had a couple days where I just felt a bit tired.  I would have no problem doing this every year if it was necessary.  

They’re attempting to incorporate it into the yearly flu vaccine, I’ve been told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

craiga - You may have already done this. But before you make the journey over the river....through the woods....and across the mountains to Vermont, check to see if they will be allowing visitors. I thought I read somewhere (maybe the DCI "manifesto" that people in the bubble wouldn't be able to interact with visitors. I'm not sure how that would affect people wanting to watch rehearsals.

I saw that too - iirc DCI has indicated that lot warmups will be off-limits to spectators 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Meanwhile, my 97 year old mother got the Moderna and had zero symptoms even after the second shot. Wierd.

That's why she's still kicking at 97.  Good DNA and life style for decades.

Edited by Ghost

16 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The problem with requiring vaccinations is that,depending on where  a member comes from,getting vaccinated  can be,difficult.

In NJ, where I live,they just expanded eligibility again.

This time for people 55+ and other essential workers.

Problem is,they don't have anywhere near enough supply.

So all expanding did was make it harder to book appointments.

In fact,a lot of places were,and remain,fully booked.

Next week NJ lowers the minimum age for the vaccine to 16.

So expect more "fully booked" locations.

Over time getting vaccinated will get easier.

But i don't know if it will be in time for the 2021 season.

however most corps arent really kicking in on in person stuff until into the summer. that does help give folks a chance

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Why would that make it all moot?

the chances of contracting it is a lot lower especially if kept in bubbles.

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jumping back to post some info that might inform some people. Currently NJ, PA, MI, FL and NY account for over half of newest cases. Govt trying to get more vaccines there which means taking from other states.

PA opening up scheduling to all on 19th which what I’m hearing is because they are being pushed to meet US mandate. Just got done registering (put my info in the system) for vaccine but can’t TRY to schedule until 19th. Vibe I’m getting is people involved with this are dreading the 19th as floodgates are going to open with people trying to schedule. My choice that day is be on hold forever or stand in line forever to schedule. And then wait (hopefully not forever) for a vaccine to be available. 

the biggest issue IMO is those that refuse to get vaccinated. i mean i finally got my first shot friday and my cell reception is light years better...i cant imagine why anyone would turn down that perk!

• Haha 1