2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sister and I said getting Covid was like a “crap shoot” as you couldn’t tell how it would affect you. Know 70 somethings who only had flu symptoms for a day or two. Then healthy 20 year old nephew gets lung damage (hopefully he’ll recover fully eventually).

Vaccine side effects seem to be same kind of “crap shoot”. Just find someone willing to help if it really nails you.

My nephew is in his mid-30s ,with no underlying conditions.

He got a really bad case of covid last year.

Fever,chills,fatigue and difficulty breathing.Took weeks before he started feeling better.

He still has respiratory issues and tinnitus.

His doctors think the tinnitus may have been caused by a mini-stroke.

His doctors are hoping the vaccine,which he gets the end of May,might help with the tinnitus.

But they've also told him,it may never go away.

He said,he tells everyone,get vaccinated.

Any side effects are better then what covid can do to you.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, traverbanking said:

Several posters have asked about the rent for LOS. The answer may be 0. When Indianapolis was trying to entice DCI to make a long-term commitment to hold their championship in Indianapolis, I believe they offered DCI a ten-year free stadium rental.That ten-year contract ran out several years ago. DCI signed a contract extension, but I do not know whether the contract extension continued the $0 rental. I believe LOS is owned by the city and can be used for certain conventions that take place in Indianapolis. Few conventions take place during the summer, so DCI fills hotel rooms that would otherwise be empty. DCI fans eat at local restaurants and the corps buy food to feed the corps at local supermarkets. DCI has gone without a lot of their usual income generators during the last year: ticket puchases, souvenir sales, recording sales,Friends of DCI renewals, partners of DCI renewals, etc.

Could well be that LOS rent is $0 (for DCI anyway).  

Question for those who know such things - does stadium rental fee also cover stadium employee costs (ticket takers, ushers, security (who then hassle Troopers), etc?  Or is that something that the stadium user pays above & beyond rental?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Stupidity on my part

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

My nephew is in his mid-30s ,with no underlying conditions.

He got a really bad case of covid last year.

Fever,chills,fatigue and difficulty breathing.Took weeks before he started feeling better.

He still has respiratory issues and tinnitus.

His doctors think the tinnitus may have been caused by a mini-stroke.

His doctors are hoping the vaccine,which he gets the end of May,might help with the tinnitus.

But they've also told him,it may never go away.

He said,he tells everyone,get vaccinated.

Any side effects are better then what covid can do to you.

Have had tinnitus off and on for years. Now (since I changed ENT doctors) I’ve been diagnosed with Minears(sp?) syndrome. Explains the stopped up ear feeling and lost of hearing in certain ranges. I wish the best for your nephew.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Had tinnitus off and on for years. Now (since I changed ENT doctors) I’ve been diagnosed with Minears(sp?) syndrome. Explains the stopped up ear feeling and lost of hearing in certain ranges. I wish the best for your nephew.

thanks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Arm pain, chills, tiredness, aches and pains, mild sore throat and generally cruddy, but it’s already all starting to go away.

I had the same on the 2nd shot . It was gone like it never happened a day and 1/2 later, it also didnt start for me till 24 hours after the shot. Also slept alot

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Tomorrow you’ll be 💯.

Wow! That vaccine really ages you!

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2021 at 6:09 PM, Poppycock said:

So you call people idiots! Any other names you use to describe people who are different than you? 🤔

he usually calls them worse, but only if he doesn't need a stool to see eye to eye with them

• Haha 1