2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

Can't throw a Covid 19 positive member on an airplane to send home! So then what do you do?

41 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK I see Academy's stuff; looked all over Pac Crest site, but didn't see anything.  May well be operator error on my part.  

Academy does not say what happens if someone gets sick.

Looked through other Corps; Blue Stars have a vaccination requirement.  Bluecoats have a covid mask for sale.  Several have general statements about safety.  

But I have not found any that address my basic question:  What happens if a member or staff member gets sick either in spring training, or on tour?  

You can read about Bluecoats’ covid protocols in this article. While at IWU, it talks about securing quarantine rooms for affected members.

https://bluecoats.com/news/2021/4/1/the-bluecoats-return-announcing-the-2021-season

And I have three Bluecoats masks.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Can't throw a Covid 19 positive member on an airplane to send home! So then what do you do?

Hi Mom? Are you busy right now? 

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

The World must be completely vaccinated before drum corps can return. 

Your are localizing this vaccination to planet earth. What about the Moon and Mars? The solar system will have to be completely vaccinated before DCI can return. (just a joke had to say this because did not want to trigger anyone). 

Edited by O'Neal's
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Perhaps I am naive, but I would think that perhaps one of the most important parts of a Covid Policy / Manifesto would address what happens if someone gets sick.  This is not a something that you want to 'make it up as it is happening' situation.

Am I correct here, or way off my dot somewhere?

i would think so, but i dont remember seeing plans or guidelines, and in many (now closed) discussions on here, many questions wee raised as what would happen if a corps was hit by just one member testing positive or a whole lot more. i think because of the time frame it was released, there was still so much unknown and no vaccines had officially been cleared by the government yet.

it could all be moot too if everyone gets vaccinated. i'd be curious to see if any corps will require vaccination to participate.

11 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Your are localizing this vaccination to planet earth. What about the Moon and Mars? The solar system will have to be completely vaccinated before DCI can return. (just a joke had to say this because did not want to trigger anyone). 

Mars took it seriously from the beginning, but the moon is full of swiss cheese.

Edited by JohnZ
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it could all be moot too if everyone gets vaccinated. i'd be curious to see if any corps will require vaccination to participate.

The problem with requiring vaccinations is that,depending on where  a member comes from,getting vaccinated  can be,difficult.

In NJ, where I live,they just expanded eligibility again.

This time for people 55+ and other essential workers.

Problem is,they don't have anywhere near enough supply.

So all expanding did was make it harder to book appointments.

In fact,a lot of places were,and remain,fully booked.

Next week NJ lowers the minimum age for the vaccine to 16.

So expect more "fully booked" locations.

Over time getting vaccinated will get easier.

But i don't know if it will be in time for the 2021 season.

If ONE member gets COVID 19 it has to shut the entire corps down PERIOD!!! Look at it financially, is it worth going out on the road? Imagine this happens to a few corps and maybe that corps can't last financially and has to disband. Then what happens to the activity?

A lot has changed since November. I don't feel any angst over this issue. Seems like the corps and DCI will work this out as needed.