Solidarity?

We hear this word often these days. Should it apply here, too?

The upcoming “Bridge Season” serves to help maintain the role of Drum Corps international (the corporation) as drum corps’ biggest, most competent, event provider. Under normal circumstances, DCI has demonstrated its ability to stage an entire year of related events, including a full Summer Tour schedule.  Now, DCI looks to keep that “engine” idling until 2022 when operational conditions are expected to be improved.

Understandably, each regularly participating corps is given latitude during 2021 in determining what operational level it can handle at this time. Many groups (about 20) are planning to “do the bridge” over a few week period. Others have chosen to do something else, or provide a different alternative to their students.

In my opinion . . . EVERY corps that regularly participates under the DCI banner should support the corporation’s effort by presenting a performance in Indianapolis this summer.  A student performance of some sort.  This could be in the form of a small ensemble in standstill, a contingent to appear in Drum Line Battle, an Alumni performance group, etc., etc.

Spend most of 2021 however you like, but perform in Indianapolis in some manner, if only for one day.

There is a way for everyone to be represented with a performance in Indianapolis.  It’s the RIGHT thing to do, too !

Agree?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

The upcoming “Bridge Season” serves to help maintain the role of Drum Corps international (the corporation) as drum corps’ biggest, most competent, event provider. Under normal circumstances, DCI has demonstrated its ability to stage an entire year of related events, including a full Summer Tour schedule.  Now, DCI looks to keep that “engine” idling until 2022 when operational conditions are expected to be improved.

Understandably, each regularly participating corps is given latitude during 2021 in determining what operational level it can handle at this time. Many groups (about 20) are planning to “do the bridge” over a few week period. Others have chosen to do something else, or provide a different alternative to their students.

In my opinion . . . EVERY corps that regularly participates under the DCI banner should support the corporation’s effort by presenting a performance in Indianapolis this summer.  A student performance of some sort.  This could be in the form of a small ensemble in standstill, a contingent to appear in Drum Line Battle, an Alumni performance group, etc., etc.

Spend most of 2021 however you like, but perform in Indianapolis in some manner, if only for one day.

There is a way for everyone to be represented with a performance in Indianapolis.  It’s the RIGHT thing to do, too !

Agree?

No - not agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Agree?

Image result for photo of solidarity flag of poland

• Like 1

Agree?

I agree certainly with the various performance opportunities that DCI provides: traditional field ensembles, I&E, Soundsport, DrumLine Battle, etc.  But I also think DCI gives the individual corps their autonomy & a certain level of independence. 

I actually enjoy watching the exhibition I&E performances when they are staged in the Arts Garden (atrium) of Circle Centre  Mall.  A great venue for lunch while enjoying some student performances.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Agree?

Nope. Sorry!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Agree?

I'm sure BD would be fine providing DCI a documentary film of their travels and/or performances for all to see what they missed out on. Very well could be the star attraction!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5