Solidarity?

11 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Jeff -   this discussion has been revealing in several ways. I’ve decided to move along.

You can’t throw around terms like “arrogant” and “reprehensible” and expect a warm fuzzy reaction.  

Edited by skevinp
Tiepoh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Totally agree. I have said I am going to Indy this year, and I kinda hate myself for going. 

I’m not going.  Maybe if I was still going to be living closer to Indy, but I’m seriously bored with that city and I don’t think it’s worth a 1000 plus mile flight. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not going.  Maybe if I was still going to be living closer to Indy, but I’m seriously bored with that city and I don’t think it’s worth a 1000 plus mile flight. 

Would you have made the 1000 plus mile flight if it was the "normal" annual event in Indy?

On 4/9/2021 at 5:07 AM, Fred Windish said:

As I was unable to clearly describe how small an effort it would take for an organization not doing the mini-tour leading up to Indy, I’ll finish with these thoughts.

An important component of the Final DCI Weekend is a series of live, public performances throughout the host city. This goes beyond just what happens that Saturday night.

It would take relatively little investment of time, effort, and expense for any group to gather and present during a single (15 minute) slot on one daily schedule.  For example, a 15-20 person brass ensemble using active members and alumni, some who already plan to be in Indy at their own expense.  Music stands, a couple of Zoom practices beforehand, loaned brass, a trap set, commemorative T-Shirts, etc., etc. Play 6-7 numbers identified with that group.

Indoors, outdoors, a street performance, a sponsor exhibit, a local Happy Hour, etc.  Doesn’t really matter, just be a part of the performance contribution.

This highly unusual, challenging 2021 Season will long be remembered. There will be printed and digital records held for reference.

Oh, well.  It’s an option to place on the table. Done!

Best wishes to all  !

It's very common in the non-profit world for people to solicit "great" ideas with the expectation that other people will execute those ideas.

I am certain that any drum corps will gladly accept your offer to financially underwrite their participation at Indy and/or offer your time to organize such a performance. As you said, it would take very little investment of your time, effort, and expense to make that happen.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:07 AM, Fred Windish said:

As I was unable to clearly describe how small an effort it would take for an organization not doing the mini-tour leading up to Indy, I’ll finish with these thoughts.

An important component of the Final DCI Weekend is a series of live, public performances throughout the host city. This goes beyond just what happens that Saturday night.

It would take relatively little investment of time, effort, and expense for any group to gather and present during a single (15 minute) slot on one daily schedule.  For example, a 15-20 person brass ensemble using active members and alumni, some who already plan to be in Indy at their own expense.  Music stands, a couple of Zoom practices beforehand, loaned brass, a trap set, commemorative T-Shirts, etc., etc. Play 6-7 numbers identified with that group.

Indoors, outdoors, a street performance, a sponsor exhibit, a local Happy Hour, etc.  Doesn’t really matter, just be a part of the performance contribution.

This highly unusual, challenging 2021 Season will long be remembered. There will be printed and digital records held for reference.

Oh, well.  It’s an option to place on the table. Done!

Best wishes to all  !

Just to confirm Fred...Are you going to Indy in 2021? It would be great of you did a snap shot photo of you being at Indy. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No.

In a “normal” year, Atlanta might be a good option for you.

• Like 1