Solidarity?

11 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Terri,

This past Saturday’s finals for the Indiana HS color guards only allowed 2 parents per performer.

This is correct, but to be transparent with that decision, Indiana has basically opened up wide. IHSCGA noted that they knew protocols had changed, but to avoid confusion, they were going to keep their rules status quo for the State Finals and not open fully. In the gym, they announced cleaning protocols and other things but did not follow through with all of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lead said:

This is correct, but to be transparent with that decision, Indiana has basically opened up wide. IHSCGA noted that they knew protocols had changed, but to avoid confusion, they were going to keep their rules status quo for the State Finals and not open fully. In the gym, they announced cleaning protocols and other things but did not follow through with all of them.

The CDC has new guidelines about surface transmission.  There’s only a 1 in 10,000 chance of transmission from surfaces.  They admitted they were wrong about that. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, Lead said:

You should have started this topic in that Drum Corps Friends group on Facebook.

The one where the "admin" kicks everyone who even moderately and nicely disagrees with her. The one where she calls people names and then boots them.

It's great.

i got booted from there long before her for calling out the then mod on hypocrisy. no regrets

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 11:56 AM, Lead said:

You should have started this topic in that Drum Corps Friends group on Facebook.

The one where the "admin" kicks everyone who even moderately and nicely disagrees with her. The one where she calls people names and then boots them.

It's great.

Facebook is still a thing? 

Some of that happens here also.

It's not great. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I’ve been on one of those holidays. Didn’t even get a commemorative t-shirt. 

I’ve gotten a few “c’mon you know better than that PMs”. Mostly from a mod I met at DCA so maybe he took pity on me 😆

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Continental said:

Is it in the south where everything is called a "coke" no matter which soft drink is being referred to?

Philly area (east PA) soda... Pittsburgh area (west PA) pop. I grew up in the middle. College was in the west and kids from both ends would argue about it. Eventually.... someone would say “Jim you live in the middle.. what do you call it?.

My response “we call it soda pop... now leave me the hell out of this bs” 🤬

• Haha 2