Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yeah, sorry Fred, but the member corps need to do what they deem best given their  individual situations.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are many people still in hysteria and buying the hype. You cannot force them to come out of the basement and do something before they feel totally safe. Some people think that they would be endangering their children's lives letting them travel anytime in the next few years.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

We hear this word often these days. Should it apply here, too?

The upcoming “Bridge Season” serves to help maintain the role of Drum Corps international (the corporation) as drum corps’ biggest, most competent, event provider. Under normal circumstances, DCI has demonstrated its ability to stage an entire year of related events, including a full Summer Tour schedule.  Now, DCI looks to keep that “engine” idling until 2022 when operational conditions are expected to be improved.

Understandably, each regularly participating corps is given latitude during 2021 in determining what operational level it can handle at this time. Many groups (about 20) are planning to “do the bridge” over a few week period. Others have chosen to do something else, or provide a different alternative to their students.

In my opinion . . . EVERY corps that regularly participates under the DCI banner should support the corporation’s effort by presenting a performance in Indianapolis this summer.  A student performance of some sort.  This could be in the form of a small ensemble in standstill, a contingent to appear in Drum Line Battle, an Alumni performance group, etc., etc.

Spend most of 2021 however you like, but perform in Indianapolis in some manner, if only for one day.

There is a way for everyone to be represented with a performance in Indianapolis.  It’s the RIGHT thing to do, too !

Agree?

Requiring corps to engage in activities that may be fiscally irresponsible for their circumstances seems inconsistent with DCI’s principles.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

We hear this word often these days. Should it apply here, too?

The upcoming “Bridge Season” serves to help maintain the role of Drum Corps international (the corporation) as drum corps’ biggest, most competent, event provider. Under normal circumstances, DCI has demonstrated its ability to stage an entire year of related events, including a full Summer Tour schedule.  Now, DCI looks to keep that “engine” idling until 2022 when operational conditions are expected to be improved.

Understandably, each regularly participating corps is given latitude during 2021 in determining what operational level it can handle at this time. Many groups (about 20) are planning to “do the bridge” over a few week period. Others have chosen to do something else, or provide a different alternative to their students.

In my opinion . . . EVERY corps that regularly participates under the DCI banner should support the corporation’s effort by presenting a performance in Indianapolis this summer.  A student performance of some sort.  This could be in the form of a small ensemble in standstill, a contingent to appear in Drum Line Battle, an Alumni performance group, etc., etc.

Spend most of 2021 however you like, but perform in Indianapolis in some manner, if only for one day.

There is a way for everyone to be represented with a performance in Indianapolis.  It’s the RIGHT thing to do, too !

Agree?

 

It would be great for all the corps who compete and participate to put an effort to provide something in 2021. You will not get many to agree with you here in these forums though. 

As mentioned even if the Devils make it to Switzerland they can always send in a video. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you in spirit.  I'd rather B.D. and Santa Clara appear at Indianapolis this summer, and I completely understand why they're choosing not to.  The corps appearing are doing the heavy lifting to help keep the activity alive.  

Hopefully those not appearing have an activity to come back to.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yeah, sorry Fred, but the member corps need to do what they deem best given their  individual situations.

yup. DCI survived Star leaving...all the corps that folded or took a year or so off for whatever reasons...and it'll survive this year with a few corps opting not to do the season as it stands to be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, totaleefree said:

There are many people still in hysteria and buying the hype. You cannot force them to come out of the basement and do something before they feel totally safe. Some people think that they would be endangering their children's lives letting them travel anytime in the next few years.  

some corps also look at the guidelines the task force set forth and decided the cost literally  outweighed the benefits. the activity has a way too big graveyard of corps who forgot to look at costs

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...