Solidarity?

4 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Another "what if" scenario. What if the competitive aspect was completely removed from the activity and corps just performed with no pressure to keep up with Joneses, if you will. Would you still attend drum corps shows, then? 

Maybe after Boston wins their first competitive finals.

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

That’s a very interesting question.  I care a lot more about the entertainment value, but part of that is the high quality of performance, and I wonder if that quality would be there if there were no competition to incentivize it.  

And you just presented an interesting thought.  Might happen since many mm look forward to performing, not scoring results.  Would probably have no limitations on corps size and with no scores, there should not be any "write the show for sheets" going on.

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

won by one of two three corps from California.

There.  Fixed it. 

Good catch. If we add Esperanza, Impulse, Blue Devils B, and Santa Clara Vanguard into the mix, the total investment from CA becomes even more significant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, critter said:

Good catch. If we add Esperanza, Impulse, Blue Devils B, and Santa Clara Vanguard into the mix, the total investment from CA becomes even more significant.

There was a saying BITD; "East is nice, but West is best!"

• Haha 2

On 4/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, skevinp said:

You can’t throw around terms like “arrogant” and “reprehensible” and expect a warm fuzzy reaction.  

and if my words offended, i apologize. while yes the corps are part of a collective, as someone who has been a circuit wide meeting, every corps is still out for themselves first and foremost.