The Snyder Cut: Drum Corps edition

1987 Star - The Circus Show.  Great concept but some things bordered on cheese.

1992 Star was very very good ... again, over the top starz and stripez up the wahhhhz.

I'm not picking on you Star, I promise.  I thought those were both excellent corps that would have placed higher with some smarter design.  Growing pains I guess.

I can list tons of BAD concepts ... but that's OT

5 hours ago, Lance said:

both films were bad, but snyder's felt a little more complete.  i'd actually watch a justic league sequel to his version, but not whedon's. 

would love to see a "snyder cut" of bd 95 with a completely different visual design. 

Personal opinion.

I, for one, loved Synders cut. Joss Whedon and the execs at Warner Bros. killed the DCEU before it's cape ever caught wind.

• Thanks 1

I'd say Cavaliers 2012 lol.. The concept was just bad and needed a complete redesign all over from scratch. It had cool elements by the end of the season. If this show was done right, could have been another innovated monster of a show in cavies history but, did the opposite. To end on a positive note, this show also proved how strong and, how much of a fighter the Cavaliers Organisation was that year going forward.

The SnyderCut is actually the original and is superior over Whedon's version. Whedon version is more of a hack of the Original version of justice league that should have been. I personally thought it was great and enjoyable, as i have watch it multiple times. It was four hours long but didn't felt like it. The time for me felt like a fly by and didn't felt long. However i can't say the same for persons who doesn't have the span to sit through a four hour movie.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:11 PM, wolfgang said:

Haven't seen the Snyder Cut of Justice League, but most reviews I've seen rate it as superior to the Josh Whedon original (for limited context, I understand Zach Snyder shot about 90% of the film, then was replaced for a reason I cannot recall, and Josh Whedon went in and redid it).

The general context is a film that was meh, and now was reworked and is a much better product. Relating this to the field-

Can you think of any shows which (in your opinion) had a wonderful concept, but the design just didn't get it right?  Which corps/shows do you think could have been monsters if they could be reworked with a different design team?  In other words, if a corps could do a metaphorical "Snyder Cut" of one of their prior shows?

(OT bonus question- for those of you who have seen both versions of the film, which do you prefer and why?)

As an avid DC fan.... yes, it's beyond better than Josstice League. I watched it with my brother and after the opening scene I said and I quote "this is already better". 

But for your drum corps question... I gotta think about it at work and come back to ya later. 

Edited by Hook'emCavies

On 4/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, Hook'emCavies said:

As a avid DC fan.... yes, it's beyond better than Josstice League. I watched it with my brother and after the opening scene I said and I quote "this is already better". 

But for your drum corps question... I gotta think about it at work and come back to ya later. 

I made several phone calls after the opening scene just to tell friends and family that it was already better, and offered my account information for them just so they could watch it too. The general consensus is that it is far superior, boycotts on Warner Bros. and DC have already been called, and #RestoretheSnyderverse has been trending for a while now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I made several phone calls after the opening scene just to tell friends and family that it was already better, and offered my account information for them just so they could watch it too. The general consensus is that it is far superior, boycotts on Warner Bros. and DC have already been called, and #RestoretheSnyderverse has been trending for a while now.

Yep!

• Like 1

Better, but still bad. 

If Cyborg and The Flash had origin films, a lot of the exposition about Darkseid and the New Gods could have been built into those with direct ties to the Justice League film, and 90 minutes of exposition about the characters could've kept it from being a 4+ hour, unevenly paced editing disaster.  This would've worked much better as a miniseries with specific episodes devoted to Cyborg and The Flash.   

Warner Brothers is run by morons when it comes to the DC Universe they tried to patch together.  

I'm a DC fan as well, and continue to hope somebody with a creative vision takes the helm for any reboot.  James Gunn doing Suicide Squad is a good start.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Better, but still bad. 

If Cyborg and The Flash had origin films, a lot of the exposition about Darkseid and the New Gods could have been built into those with direct ties to the Justice League film, and 90 minutes of exposition about the characters could've kept it from being a 4+ hour, unevenly paced editing disaster.  This would've worked much better as a miniseries with specific episodes devoted to Cyborg and The Flash.   

Warner Brothers is run by morons when it comes to the DC Universe they tried to patch together.  

I'm a DC fan as well, and continue to hope somebody with a creative vision takes the helm for any reboot.  James Gunn doing Suicide Squad is a good start.  

Also, Ben Affleck as Batman is a fatal flaw. He isn’t the worst Batman ever, (I’m looking at you, Val Kilmer), but he is no Christian Bale ... or Michael Keaton ... or Adam West ... or even Will Arnett. He is about par with George Clooney, but has the edge because of Clooney’s nipple suit. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

7 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Would a superhero show work in this day and age? Certainly if there were copyrighted characters involved, this would be tough. But am imaginative, or even derivative, approach might be well-received.

I was musing recently that a “Guardians of the Galaxy” show might be fun with all the 70s/80s Awesome Mix music featured in the movies.