The Snyder Cut: Drum Corps edition

On 4/12/2021 at 12:26 PM, DFA1970 said:

It is similar to the Superman II movie where Richard Donner the director of the original Superman movie was replaced by Richard Lester because of Donner's clash with studio executives. So there is a Richard Donner's cut of Superman II apart from the original studio's release of the movie. I did watch the long Snyder's cut movie and eh!! Kind of twice as bored as the shorter movie. 

Yeah.  The Snyder cut is a more coherent movie, but not necessarily better.

Edited by jthomas666
  • Like 3

On 4/16/2021 at 10:18 AM, Lance said:

Better, but still bad. 

If Cyborg and The Flash had origin films, a lot of the exposition about Darkseid and the New Gods could have been built into those with direct ties to the Justice League film, and 90 minutes of exposition about the characters could've kept it from being a 4+ hour, unevenly paced editing disaster.  This would've worked much better as a miniseries with specific episodes devoted to Cyborg and The Flash.   

Warner Brothers is run by morons when it comes to the DC Universe they tried to patch together.  

I'm a DC fan as well, and continue to hope somebody with a creative vision takes the helm for any reboot.  James Gunn doing Suicide Squad is a good start.  

Again, this is your opinion. Don't state it as being fact. There were plans for Cyborg and Flash origin films, but Warner Bros. show them down. You can't jump on the guys back for putting a little back story into the film for those two when their origin films were shot down by the studio execs. Warner Bros. has, and will continue to shoot themselves in the foot, but at least Snyder tried to give us something that was better than the crap that was released in theaters.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, mfrontz said:

Would a superhero show work in this day and age? Certainly if there were copyrighted characters involved, this would be tough. But am imaginative, or even derivative, approach might be well-received.

While it's not exactly DC or Marvel, Crown 2012...

On 4/17/2021 at 11:22 PM, Incognito365 said:

While it's not exactly DC or Marvel, Crown 2012...

Scouts did one kind of recently too, correct? 

On 4/12/2021 at 12:26 PM, DFA1970 said:

It is similar to the Superman II movie where Richard Donner the director of the original Superman movie was replaced by Richard Lester because of Donner's clash with studio executives. So there is a Richard Donner's cut of Superman II apart from the original studio's release of the movie. I did watch the long Snyder's cut movie and eh!! Kind of twice as bored as the shorter movie. 

I didn’t know Richard Lester did a Superman movie. Always remember him as doing the first 2 Beatles movies. (A Hard Days Night and Help) and A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum.  Some corps tunes in those...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 4/17/2021 at 8:22 PM, Incognito365 said:

Again, this is your opinion. Don't state it as being fact. .

we're all giving opinions here. 

it's better, but still not a quite a good movie in my opinion. not trying to offend you.  

Edited by Lance

28 minutes ago, Lance said:

this actually made me think of SCV's last 2 incarnation of Scheherezade. 

i actually prefer the 2004 version to the 2014 version.  so would that be the reverse snyder/donner cut: drum corps edition?

I agree SCV 2004 was superior to 2014, but neither version was the hot mess the Whedon cut was.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer