Returning Olde Pharte Suggestions?

4 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I, personally< would like DCI to put the same amount of effort into OC corps as they do with WC corps. The OC corps work just as hard!

When people support OC the same way they support WC it will happen, Not until, verbal support without butts in the seats are only words

• Like 3

one of the best shows i ever watched top to bottom was 2/3 finals in 2002

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, GUARDLING said:

When people support OC the same way they support WC it will happen, Not until, verbal support without butts in the seats are only words

There is usually one show in New England that is has just OC competitors. There are also some alumni corps who perform exhibitions at the show. If you emptied the stands of the parents of Spartans and 7th Regiment and the members of the alumni corps, I would estimate there would only be a handful of people. It may be a location issue. It is held most years in Manchester, NH and Greater Boston may be a better location. Better publicity could help, but it is usually a great show and fans who don’t attend are missing something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tim K said:

There is usually one show in New England that is has just OC competitors. There are also some alumni corps who perform exhibitions at the show. If you emptied the stands of the parents of Spartans and 7th Regiment and the members of the alumni corps, I would estimate there would only be a handful of people. It may be a location issue. It is held most years in Manchester, NH and Greater Boston may be a better location. Better publicity could help, but it is usually a great show and fans who don’t attend are missing something.

On tour, sad ,but many of these corps perform to empty stands. Even smaller wc corps compete with the #### parking lot for attention. As I said over the years, talk is cheap, action works. WGI realized this a long time ago with A class. The hand that feeds them.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was one of the biggest audiences, too.  If memory serves. 

i think Buffalo in 01 was good too, but yeah it was...the 2 for 1 deal they ran in the paper helped, and man what a lineup of corps.

i also loved when the SCV A corps came running to cheer on SCVC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, O&#x27;Neal&#x27;s said:

The draw is for WC. It will be hard for the same support with OC. 

if marketed properly both can draw good numbers and OC not shuffled off to some high school stadium an hour away

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

there's some OC shows in NW PA every year where there's more deer and elk than people. i'd love to go but it's 4 hours one way on a weeknight.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

On tour, sad ,but many of these corps perform to empty stands. Even smaller wc corps compete with the #### parking lot for attention. As I said over the years, talk is cheap, action works. WGI realized this a long time ago with A class. The hand that feeds them.

yes but the membership of DCI only cares about being fed, not how they get the food

• Like 1