Cadets Show Announcement Today

9 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I liked it until I listened to an explanation of the show. 

Lol, maybe it’s a good thing I come from so far BITD. Explanation? Just play the bleeping music and March the drill 😸

I don’t like thinking deep when I watch a show. Just want to turn the brain back and enjoy 

• Like 6

Come watch the live video on FB.

When you give, the corps unlocks other features. The brass playing a portion of the show is next.... GIVE!

www.cadets.org/donate

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=831724977554114&ref=notif&notif_id=1619024602417998&notif_t=live_video_explicit 

BRASS HOUR WITH MOE LATOUR FROM 5-6P EST. Get on and watch... Get on and Give!

2021 CADETS DESIGN TEAM ANNOUNCES THE SHOW!

4 hours ago, inbetween said:
  • “Everything Old Is New Again,” Peter Allen
  • “Fanfare,” Appalachian Spring, Aaron Copland
  • “Rocky Point Holiday,” Ron Nelson
  • “New World,” Dancer in the Dark, Byork
  • “Moondance,” Van Morrison
  • “Great Moments in Cinema, Part II: The Land Race,” Far and Away, John Williams

It pains me to see the genius Björk‘s name misspelled. 
FYI Dancer in the Dark is one of those good movies you can only watch once because it’s such an emotional juggernaut. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

It pains me to see the genius Björk‘s name misspelled. 
FYI Dancer in the Dark is one of those good movies you can only watch once because it’s such an emotional juggernaut. 

Looks like the spelling was quickly fixed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

The first time they played it I had not yet seen the movie and was unaware of the soul-crushing sadness attached to this beautiful song.  It will be interesting to see how it hits me now, having long since seen the movie.  

I’d like to think that the tragedy that envelops its initial innocent hopefulness will itself be enveloped by the hopefulness reborn of its sacrifices.

• Like 1

I so love that Cadets are respecting their original uniforms.  The continuity is greatly appreciated.  Something old is new again.   Will we ever learn that traditions are a good thing?

That being said, you are pulling out RPH again.  

I saw it in '82 and '83.  It changed the activity's perception of you.  You made fan's heart's beat faster, you made fan's hearts stop with your arrangements and the emotion behind them.   You completely blew up the activity.   It so changed the activity.

Please respect what the original RPH did for your fans.  Please don't water it down like you did in '03. 

So I will ask, please make it your opener in '21. 

You audience will greatly appreciate it. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1