Cadets Show Announcement Today

Really nice show from The Cadets. I like the narration. Somewhat historical as it introduces the tunes and some history or when the tune was first played...as in Rocky Point. It's a big step up from 2019, and that is not a shot at the members of 2019 but the design. This feels more like The Cadets. Percussion sounded pretty darn good to my ears. Bass drum tuning seemed really clear even within the mix of the total music book. Brass sounds fantastic at times! Obviously it will be difficult for any of these corps to really clean their shows in just 2 more weeks. While I do like Appalachian Spring I was hoping for an opening with some other material, but I don't hate how they are playing it. It sounds good. As for the other charts I think they work really well. A small sampling of Cadets history and the narration ties it all together. The uniforms look AMAZING!!! We have definitely not seen the full Cadets uni in some time. Guard was not in uniforms just yet. With a couple of weeks of solid cleaning and performing this show should light-up Lucas Oil, especially for those fans that remember the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.  Bravo Cadets! Clean Clean Clean!

Edited by jwillis35
spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jonwoody said:

What am I missing here???

2 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

just saw a run through of the Cadets 2021.. .btw, I accidentally found this clip on YT

1 hour ago, beeches72 said:

its still there just watched it 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did, too.  Omg 😭

13 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Really nice show from The Cadets. I like the narration. Somewhat historical as it introduces the tunes and some history or when the tune was first played...as in Rocky Point. 

Guess posting that YT video today is not allowed.  (Tried a few different search options with no luck of course.  Hope the motel we use on the 3rd has a good signal.)

As nice as the video is, it does not do the Cadets justice. The brass line is awesome, the percussion is spectacular and the guard is way better than previous years. You got to Watch them live. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

As nice as the video is, it does not do the Cadets justice. The brass line is awesome, the percussion is spectacular and the guard is way better than previous years. You got to Watch them live. 

Good to hear. I really think the video is quite good too...and it's a view from the far right. Looks like the fan took the video from about the 25 yard line. 

By the way, the percussion writing in Moondance is WOW, and that tune also features a cool tuba feature where they harmonize the melodic line. There will be lots of great shows to see live for those getting to a show or two. The Cadets show will certainly be one of those and should give a lot of people goosebumps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

That is pretty much true with all these Corps. Even back in the day, the crap audio/ videos never really captured well what it sounded like live.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boxingfred said:

agree, that blurry 720 ish p video from the 25 yard line in front of the speaker is not a great representation

9 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Good to hear. I really think the video is quite good too...and it's a view from the far right. Looks like the fan took the video from about the 25 yard line. 

By the way, the percussion writing in Moondance is WOW, and that tune also features a cool tuba feature where they harmonize the melodic line. There will be lots of great shows to see live for those getting to a show or two. The Cadets show will certainly be one of those and should give a lot of people goosebumps. 

having seen a great video from the box, trust me, it's not

Edited by George Dixon

22 hours ago, Ghost said:

I saw the video. I was questioning talk about no more drum corps next year.

Guess posting that YT video today is not allowed.  (Tried a few different search options with no luck of course.  Hope the motel we use on the 3rd has a good signal.)

I