2021 DCI HOF class

I thought Jay was in the HOF for years. WOW. Long long long overdue!!!!!

• Like 1

Overdue for both inductees... congratulations to them!

I only wish we could have heard Mike's induction speech. I'm sure it would have been epic. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, njthundrrd said:

I thought Jay was in the HOF for years. WOW. Long long long overdue!!!!!

I thought the same thing regarding Michael Boo. The ironic thing is that when the official biographies of the Hall of Famers were released, they may. Dry well have been the handy work of Michael Boo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Doesn’t stop us from nominating her

They won't take outside nominations.  I know this because I completed a nomination package, with DCP users' help, for Steve Vickers, and had it rejected out of hand.  Funny enough, he got nominated by "approved" internal channels and elected within a couple of years after.   

Mike

On 4/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, MikeN said:

They won't take outside nominations.  I know this because I completed a nomination package, with DCP users' help, for Steve Vickers, and had it rejected out of hand.  Funny enough, he got nominated by "approved" internal channels and elected within a couple of years after.   

Mike

Full disclosure: I enjoy shows such as "Reliable Sources" and a local show "Beat the Press" where journalists critique reporting and sources. I am at best an armchair media critic.

Whether you see Ms. Nadonly as a hero or public enemy #1, from a journalistic standards point of view there are a few reasons why she should not be nominated and why she would not want to be nominated.

1. If you google Trisha Nadonly, you see her larger narrative is exposing sexual abuse and misconduct. Drum corps was an example, not the subject. Her goal was to expose sexual abuse and misconduct. If it happened that it changed drum corps, all the better, but that was not her purpose any more than it is to reform the cheerleading world. 

2. DCI awarding her a spot in the Hall of Fame would be viewed by most journalists as DCI trying to control the story. Her accepting it would give her an insider status which would shed serious doubts on her credibility, especially if something comes up in the future. Organizations claiming that they appreciate whistle blowers shedding the light on certain areas is often viewed by journalists as a public relations ploy to put the organization in a positive light.   

• Like 3

On 4/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, Tim K said:

I thought the same thing regarding Michael Boo. The ironic thing is that when the official biographies of the Hall of Famers were released, they may. Very well have been the handy work of Michael Boo.