Brass Against…

7 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, there's no Bari-sax in drum corps. :spitting: 

… yet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Well, there's no Bari-sax in drum corps. :spitting: 

What the group is performing is nothing that hasn’t been tried before.

One can only pray that the bari-sax remains  “side-lined”.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:44 PM, MikeRapp said:

Tough crowd.

No Mike, not at all.

I really appreciated what you posted.  A brass section like that is never to be ignored and I loved their contribution.  It was reminiscent of brass lines from popular tunes from years by. 

As for the bari sax with above comments, I have played bari sax numerous times.  At first it was a complete oxygen depriving head rush, but in the end it was amazing to play. 

Funny how the flute is actually more demanding than the Bari Sax.  I have played both.  The flute nearly made me pass out.

Thank you for the post.  I've now listened to it a few times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, keystone3ply said:

Can I just have the brass & rhythm section without all of the bulls*^t?  But then again, I can't really decipher any of the lyrics.  This chart almost has a "Kashmir" feel; they do rock, but who mixed this track?  "It's got a good beat & it's easy to dance to." - American Bandstand

:dancin:

Kashmir you say?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

No Mike, not at all.

I really appreciated what you posted.  A brass section like that is never to be ignored and I loved their contribution.  It was reminiscent of brass lines from popular tunes from years by. 

As for the bari sax with above comments, I have played bari sax numerous times.  At first it was a complete oxygen depriving head rush, but in the end it was amazing to play. 

Funny how the flute is actually more demanding than the Bari Sax.  I have played both.  The flute nearly made me pass out.

I don't think folks realize how much air it takes for a great flute tone.  But it's the clarinet for me; I have a post-headache anytime I have to pick up that instrument.  🤕  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Continental said:

No Mike, not at all.

Indeed.

I was tenor sax for marching in High School but often swapped between that and Bari for orchestra (to double bassoon parts) and jazz ensemble.  Bari is a blast to play when you get the lungs for it.  We had one number in jazz band that our director wanted the entire frontline to go flute/clarinet for and I borrowed a friend's flute for that and got a fingering chart to work it out.  THAT surprised me on how much air it took to maintain tone, and how different the embouchure required was. 

• Like 1

The friend I borrowed the flute from just laughed and went back to her piccolo 

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1