REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Big question will be is...Does 50% mean the entire arena or the 1 side DCI uses....quite different

With DCI using only 1 side will that be cut in 1/2 to be distant enough? When you cut off 1/2 the arena I'm not sure pacing then in on 1 side will be counted the same way

that'd be about 11k....DCI would be thrilled. hells that'd be more than they had in 2009 and 2010.

but it's going to be on a state by state basis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

Capacity seems like a silly thing to mandate when the primary issue that can be easily specified is distance.

I thought I saw CDC was about to announce they were wrong about distance? I read so much troll and real news I can't keep it separate sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I thought I saw CDC was about to announce they were wrong about distance? I read so much troll and real news I can't keep it separate sometimes. 

They reduced the 6' to 3' for school systems with mask requirements but still require 6' where community spread is higher or increasing.  Our school has followed this & even dropped the mask mandate but we are still encouraged to wear a mask.  (I don't agree but our state dropped the mandate.)  However, our cases have remained low & most of our faculty have received the vaccine.  They still recommend the 6' for common areas, auditoriums, cafeteria, etc.  

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0319-new-evidence-classroom-physical-distance.html 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that'd be about 11k....DCI would be thrilled. hells that'd be more than they had in 2009 and 2010.

but it's going to be on a state by state basis.

I think if you take from the middle of each end zone & skip every other seat (50% capacity), you could seat 17.5k on the home side.  Of course, you'll have some really cheap seats for watching drum corps from the end zones.  But the end zones are really a great view for watching football plays develop.  That's where several NFL stadiums have their suites for viewing football.   

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I’ll be surprised if the Indy shows are well attended or profitable. Regardless something is better than nothing. Hope for the success! 

If the corps make it there safely and have a crowd of 7500 or so that will be a MAJOR success... and I think it will happen 🙂 I agree, "capacity limits" won't be an issue - safe practices, rehearsal space and sound fiscal management will be!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think if you take from the middle of each end zone & skip every other seat (50% capacity), you could seat 17.5k on the home side.  Of course, you'll have some really cheap seats for watching drum corps from the end zones.  But the end zones are really a great view for watching football plays develop.  That's where several NFL stadiums have their suites for viewing football.   

First Drum Corps show (early 1970s) I was in the cheap side seats.  

The thing I remember most is that there were picnickers allowed around the field & a few had encroached on the end zone.  Announcer told them they needed to move, but a few didn't.  It was one of the years when Corps were allowed to do a re-entry during closer, so the Corps were marching in the end zone. 

I distinctly remember an SCV guard member marking time on a bucket of chicken.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

If the corps make it there safely and have a crowd of 7500 or so that will be a MAJOR success... and I think it will happen 🙂 I agree, "capacity limits" won't be an issue - safe practices, rehearsal space and sound fiscal management will be!

At one level, yes, a MAJOR success.

But from a financial standpoint, which is just as (if not more) important to the future of DCI, will that many fans pay the bills?

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

First Drum Corps show (early 1970s) I was in the cheap side seats.  

The thing I remember most is that there were picnickers allowed around the field & a few had encroached on the end zone.  Announcer told them they needed to move, but a few didn't.  It was one of the years when Corps were allowed to do a re-entry during closer, so the Corps were marching in the end zone. 

I distinctly remember an SCV guard member marking time on a bucket of chicken.

Original or Extra Crispy?  :spitting:

• Haha 1