REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve made that trip by car from Michigan. It really is a marathon.  Congrats on your new house!

We flew to Florida in February.  The mask for hours and hours was tough.  I feel bad for folks who have to wear it for hours and hours every day. We’re driving down in June for the closing of the house.  That should be fun.  Not!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

So not to alarm people but I know a person who I went to undergrad school years ago and she is an disease infection doctor and her recent blog is concerning about what is going on in India. This new covid mutation is much more infectious and might be immune to some vaccines. Again the science need to see this but this new strain is a concern.

I've been following their situation.  I just hope we have a booster asap to navigate the mutations & variants.  💉 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sister and brother-in-law just got 2nd also. Sis had to reschedule a day early because of work. Last I heard she had sore upper arm and was hoping for more of an immune response the day after. Bro in law 🤷🏻

So far had higher temperature last night and less arm pain than last time. Just washed out but lousy sleep night. We all had Pfizer. 

Next week the lady who told us the county was taking groups early gets her second Moderna. We shall see but she did good last time. 

Ages of all four of us between 54-63.

i was still exhausted today. honestly it was good for me...work has been so nuts the last 9 months, time away from the laptop was good

14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

No mow; use any excuse! I did & it worked for me.  But I do recommend taking 2-4 Advil after the shot.  (Do not take Advil or Tylenol prior to injection.). Those side effects are actually a good sign your immune system is working.  They say the side effects are lessen with older age.  I'm in the 50-60 range & I had the low grade fever, body aches, & general 'fatigue'.  #MilkIt  💉   

i took many advil...and many naps.

of course now i am wired

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I've been following their situation.  I just hope we have a booster asap to navigate the mutations & variants.  💉 

unreal that we announced we were closing them off...in a week.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Here's a possible scenario that may play out with other activities such as travel, hospitals, nursing homes, workplace, etc.  I know it maybe a  'controversial' topic but not necessarily linked to politics.  (Not asking for a political opinion.) 

If DCI or any of the venues hosting a DCI Celebration Tour event this summer required a 'proof of vaccine' for entry, would you show your card, phone app, etc to attend?  

It would be problematic to make vaccination a prerequisite for ANYTHING when there are no vaccines approved for general use.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i took many advil...and many naps.

of course now i am wired

Drink lots of water after each shot. Other than a sore arm I had no effects. My friend did a few hrs after his 2nd shot with a mild migraine. I told him I was told to drink room temperature water and he did. his migraine went away pretty quickly. 

Edited by DFA1970

On 5/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, Jeff Ream said:

more bars in more places.....can you hear me now is no longer an issue!

The people who fall for this are more crazy than the ones who were spraying their grocery's and any delivery's with Lysol, cleaning disinfectants. 

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

unreal that we announced we were closing them off...in a week.

Offhanded political commentary.