REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

I hope it was better than the beer they used to serve at Tiger Stadium.  It was the equivalent of colored water. 

My Oberon was quite tasty! But it was at a cafe’ not Comerica Park.

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

My Oberon was quite tasty! But it was at a cafe’ not Comerica Park.

Have not been to Detroit since 2004 and that was to fly into Metro Airport, rent a car and drive to Grand Rapids to visit a client.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Continental said:

Have not been to Detroit since 2004 and that was to fly into Metro Airport, rent a car and drive to Grand Rapids to visit a client.   

Flew into DTW for the DCI Tour Premiere at Ford Stadium in 2018.  Nice venue for drum corps, (for indoor stadium anyway), & I found the Basement Burger Bar close to the hotel.  Great burger/beer joint close to my hotel; I hope it survived.  Wanted to return last year or this year but then... 😷   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Flew into DTW for the DCI Tour Premiere at Ford Stadium in 2018.  Nice venue for drum corps, (for indoor stadium anyway), & I found the Basement Burger Bar close to the hotel.  Great burger/beer joint close to my hotel; I hope it survived.  Wanted to return last year or this year but then... 😷   

Yup, it survived! Hopefully, the opening show will be back at Ford Field next year. Right now it is a vaccination site.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup, it survived! Hopefully, the opening show will be back at Ford Field next year. Right now it is a vaccination site.

Awesome!  Enjoyed my experience downtown, except for the hotel screw-up, but they made it right.  I really want to go back next year.  We also drove up to Waterford to watch Crown's rehearsal.  Good times & much cooler in late June than the South!    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Much less was known about the virus at the beginning of the pandemic and strong measures were taken to ensure the chance for transmission from surface areas did not occur. 

There are viruses that exist that can be transmitted easily via contaminated surfaces.

You sprayed your grocery's and delivery's with Lysol and other various disinfectants? LOL That is some next level crazy--- along the lines of riding solo in a car, bike, or walking alone in a forest with a mask on. 

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bell’s Oberon...I haven’t had one of those in a long time. 

I like the beer so much, I named my dog after it. His full name is Oberon Kenobi.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

You sprayed your grocery's and delivery's with Lysol and other various disinfectants? LOL That is some next level crazy--- along the lines of riding solo in a car, bike, or walking alone in a forest with a mask on. 

Careful, prudent, protective and personal but most definitely not CRAZY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Actually I also took frozen chicken dinners and killed two birds with one stone by heating them in the dryer. 

If you put them on high heat for 45 minutes they cook quite nicely using a Maytag dryer.  An added bonus is no wrinkles in the chicken and the dryer sheet makes the chicken taste Bounce fresh. 

(I feel like I need to add that the above is a joke, but I think it went along with the crazy accusation).

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 3