REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my neighbor too.

pretty much just tired and stiff today. so if thats all, i am ok with that, but if still tomorrow, well i guess i dont have to mow

Sister and brother-in-law just got 2nd also. Sis had to reschedule a day early because of work. Last I heard she had sore upper arm and was hoping for more of an immune response the day after. Bro in law 🤷🏻

So far had higher temperature last night and less arm pain than last time. Just washed out but lousy sleep night. We all had Pfizer. 

Next week the lady who told us the county was taking groups early gets her second Moderna. We shall see but she did good last time. 

Ages of all four of us between 54-63.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my neighbor too.

pretty much just tired and stiff today. so if thats all, i am ok with that, but if still tomorrow, well i guess i dont have to mow

No mow; use any excuse! I did & it worked for me.  But I do recommend taking 2-4 Advil after the shot.  (Do not take Advil or Tylenol prior to injection.). Those side effects are actually a good sign your immune system is working.  They say the side effects are lessen with older age.  I'm in the 50-60 range & I had the low grade fever, body aches, & general 'fatigue'.  #MilkIt  💉   

Here's a possible scenario that may play out with other activities such as travel, hospitals, nursing homes, workplace, etc.  I know it maybe a  'controversial' topic but not necessarily linked to politics.  (Not asking for a political opinion.) 

If DCI or any of the venues hosting a DCI Celebration Tour event this summer required a 'proof of vaccine' for entry, would you show your card, phone app, etc to attend?  You can answer even of you're not planning to attend.)

I would & plan to take my card with me as I travel this summer to DCI events, the beach, & PASIC/BOA in the fall.

#MarchOn   😷💉🚙🛫😇   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

21 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Here's a possible scenario that may play out with other activities such as travel, hospitals, nursing homes, workplace, etc.  I know it maybe a  'controversial' topic but not necessarily linked to politics.  (Not asking for a political opinion.) 

If DCI or any of the venues hosting a DCI Celebration Tour event this summer required a 'proof of vaccine' for entry, would you show your card, phone app, etc to attend?  You can answer even of you're not planning to attend.)

I would & plan to take my card with me as I travel this summer to DCI events, the beach, & PASIC/BOA in the fall.

#MarchOn   😷💉🚙🛫😇   

I would have no problem showing my vaccination card. Actually, I took a picture of mine and keep it on my phone. A lot easier than carrying that bulky card around. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

No mow; use any excuse! I did & it worked for me.  But I do recommend taking 2-4 Advil after the shot.  (Do not take Advil or Tylenol prior to injection.). Those side effects are actually a good sign your immune system is working.  They say the side effects are lessen with older age.  I'm in the 50-60 range & I had the low grade fever, body aches, & general 'fatigue'.  #MilkIt  💉   

Since I have arthritis my go to med is Ibuprofen. Was told during 1st shot not to take that as it interferes with inflammation and vaccine works using inflammation (reason for the higher temperature?). 
lol cut grass day before the shot. So some of my stiffness is from going up and down the hills on my big old quarter acre 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I would have no problem showing my vaccination card. Actually, I took a picture of mine and keep it on my phone. A lot easier than carrying that bulky card around. 

👍That's a good idea; I'm going to take a picture of mine but not for the FB selfie.  I'm also not going to 'laminate' mine due to the future potential booster shots.   

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I was told about taking a picture yesterday and did it waiting for the 15 minutes to be up. Card is just a bit large for the wallet and don’t want it to get all dog eared around the edges. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I stuck mine in my passport.  I don’t think I’m going to need it but we’ll see. I’m not planning on flying again until the masks go away.  That trip to and from Florida in February to buy our house was torturous. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I stuck mine in my passport.  I don’t think I’m going to need it but we’ll see. I’m not planning on flying again until the masks go away.  That trip to and from Florida in February to buy our house was torturous. 

I’ve made that trip by car from Michigan. It really is a marathon.  Congrats on your new house!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So not to alarm people but I know a person who I went to undergrad school years ago and she is an disease infection doctor and her recent blog is concerning about what is going on in India. This new covid mutation is much more infectious and might be immune to some vaccines. Again the science need to see this but this new strain is a concern.

• Sad 2