REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

First Drum Corps show (early 1970s) I was in the cheap side seats.  

First show I ever saw was Hershey 1974. Bought tickets at the gate for four and.... we sat on the back side as concert side was sold out. Funny thing is Haas family filmed that show and some vids are on YT. So when I watch I’m thinking we’re in the background somewhere 😆

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skevinp said:

Capacity seems like a silly thing to mandate when the primary issue that can be easily specified is distance.

But doesn't the seating capacity of a venue have a direct effect on social distancing?  E.G, skipping every other seat = 3' or every (2) seats = 6'.  Most stadiums, like our school's stadium, have sold tickets in pods of 2-4 seats for family members with 6' in between for social distancing. Just curious. 🤔😷🤧   

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I thought I saw CDC was about to announce they were wrong about distance? I read so much troll and real news I can't keep it separate sometimes. 

I don’t think anyone official has said that distance doesn’t matter at all.  I can’t imagine anyone credible believing that.  

How much distance is a different story.  I would expect we purposely overestimated it in an abundance of caution in coming up with the original 6 foot number.  

In any case the point I was trying to make is capacity seems unlikely to be relevant to anything distance does not already cover (though perhaps there are things I’m not thinking of), and i suspect capacity numbers were arrived at based on assumptions about its relationship to distance, even though it seems like a poor proxy for distance, as our situation demonstrates in that DCI fans will not spread be evenly throughout the facility but all clumped into a small part of it.  

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

But doesn't the seating capacity of a venue have a direct effect on social distancing?  E.G, skipping every other seat = 3' or every (2) seats = 6'.  Most stadiums, like our school's stadium, have sold tickets in pods of 2-4 seats for family members with 6' in between for social distancing. Just curious. 🤔😷🤧   

See my response to inbetween on that point.

• Like 1

I thought venues came up with the capacity based on distance. IOW at x feet of distance we can have so many people Max. Not the other way round of coming up with the number first...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It was early 1970s, I don't think there was Extra Crispy back then 😎

Started in 1972. 

I kind of hate myself for spending the time to look that up.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Started in 1972. 

I kind of hate myself for spending the time to look that up.

I'm more of an "Original" guy with the 11 herbs & spices*; the extra crispy just adds more flour & added calories. :spitting:

*The secret herb is 'sage'. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I thought venues came up with the capacity based on distance. IOW at x feet of distance we can have so many people Max. Not the other way round of coming up with the number first...

In Massachusetts, the Governor announced a capacity of 12% (recently updated to 25%). I don't know how they arrived at that figure. The venues (Gillette, Fenway, the Garden, etc.) took that number and used it along with social distancing guidelines to determine seating capacity. I've attended events at 2 of those facilities. They were selling tickets in groups of 2 and 4. There was plenty of space in between seating pods.

I have heard, in-directly, that DCI will be doing something similar (although the numbers in each "pod" may be different).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1