REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not criticizing them, tbh.  It’s a personal decision.  I pondered it awhile myself and I take all the vaccines.  

Yeah I can understand some of the reasons, mainly the possible side effects and long term unknowns. Just hope they take precautions until this all passes. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

With the Mayor De Blasio's announcement today of plans for New York to "fully open" by July 1st or Governor Cuomo's statement of possibly opening sooner, what improvements will be made to the COVID-19 protocols as the other states start their reopening plans?  Do we add more capacity to the 'Bridge Tour' stadiums & add more capacity to Lucas Oil for the DCI "Celebration Events" in August?  #MarchOn  

Lucas Oil was limited to 22% capacity for the NCAA Basketball Tournament in March/April.  Based on the vaccine rate & if cases stabilize/subside, I think they'll be able to add more seating capacity & hopefully open up the warm-up areas such Military Park.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/ny-opens-all-mass-vaccine-sites-to-walk-ins-for-age-16-city-halfway-to-shot-goal/3026315/  

Great news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think all is good news but we still have to be cautious. Oregon is having an uptick in infections and going on restrictive closures. COVID is still active and hopefully more people will be vaccinated in the next few months.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021/04/these-15-oregon-counties-will-move-to-extreme-risk-covid-19-restrictions-according-to-the-governors-office.html

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I think all is good news but we still have to be cautious. Oregon is having an uptick in infections and going on restrictive closures. COVID is still active and hopefully more people will be vaccinated in the next few months.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021/04/these-15-oregon-counties-will-move-to-extreme-risk-covid-19-restrictions-according-to-the-governors-office.html

And in Michigan, the most recent US hotspot, cases have been coming down for the past week. A few weeks ago, we hit 79 cases per 100,000. We are currently at 43 cases per 100,000 (seven day rolling average). Still very high, but we are going in the right direction. (Source: Washington Post.) And today, I am considered fully vaccinated!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And in Michigan, the most recent US hotspot, cases have been coming down for the past week. A few weeks ago, we hit 79 cases per 100,000. We are currently at 43 cases per 100,000 (seven day rolling average). Still very high, but we are going in the right direction. (Source: Washington Post.)

I agree that we are headed in the right direction but that does not mean letting our guard down. We see what's going on in India. Vaccination is the key to heard immunity to stop this virus and maybe stamp it out.  

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

At one level, yes, a MAJOR success.

But from a financial standpoint, which is just as (if not more) important to the future of DCI, will that many fans pay the bills?

even a packed house doesn't "pay the bills" in a normal year - so, no, it will not.

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Where are we in vaccinated adults (16 and over)?  I know that in Illinois, 80% of seniors have been vaccinated.  I think it will probably top out at 60%.  I may be overly optimistic.  I know so many people who are refusing the vaccine.  

Yup; I have a couple of family members that are refusing to take it but it's due to their politics & not the science or stats. 🙄😷 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Politics had nothing to do with my decision to get it or not get it. 

I found this article interesting as to why some people are skeptical about getting a vaccination:

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccine-skepticism-viewed-knowledge-problem-185747045.html

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I found this article interesting as to why some people are skeptical about getting a vaccination:

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccine-skepticism-viewed-knowledge-problem-185747045.html

That's a great article but it does not really tell why this is happening. Asians are getting vaccinated more than any other demographic. With Blacks and Hispanics last in the percentages. So it would tend to show that yahoo news article could be wrong on a few assumptions made. 

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

"Overall, across these 43 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (38%) was 1.6 times higher than the rate for Black people (24%), and 1.5 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (25%) as of April 26, 2021. White people had a higher vaccination rate compared to Hispanic people all reporting states, except Virginia, Missouri, and Alaska, and a higher rate than Black people in every reporting state, except Alaska. However, the size of these differences varied widely across states. For example, White people were over twice as likely to have received a vaccine as Hispanic people in Colorado, Iowa, Pennsylvania, and Arizona, and had at least a 2.5 times higher vaccination rate than Black people in South Dakota, Iowa, and Pennsylvania. The overall vaccination rate across states for Asian people was higher compared to White people (45% vs. 38%), which is consistent with the pattern in most reporting states. However, Asian people had lower vaccinations rates than White people in some states."

• Haha 2