REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

Other than the national charts, here's a link to the Marion Co, IN health department's COVID case tracker** that I've been following since I'm planning to attend the DCI CELEBRATION EVENT events in August.  Huge downward trend in March but has started to trickle up at a slower pace.  🤔😷

http://marionhealth.org/covid-19/

Their daily vaccinations tracker:

http://marionhealth.org/covid-19/ 
(not linking correctly - click on "Daily Vaccinations" tab for chart)

**Relevant to the topic of this tread as to 'reopening' & the "DCI Celebration Tour". 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

A few things to keep in mind regarding Indy and other venues.

Seating capacity and number of seats are often two different numbers. 

Seating capacity is usually determined by public safety ordinances and based on how many people can safely be in a facility. Number of seats would be the number of actual places where people sit. For Lucas Oil, the number for seating capacity and number of seats is probably pretty close. For some stadiums that will be used, you may have a  certain number of seats, but how seats are determined may differ and the rows are spaced differently. In Massachusetts there are three shows. Lynn has seats based on the average size of a high school student. Quincy and Lawrence have more space allotted for a person but Lawrence has more leg room than Quincy. It will be interesting to see how many tickets are sold for each event.

In the end, this may not be a huge hurdle. Allentown will not be able to have as many fans as in the past, but most likely fans will not be heading in large numbers to Allentown to see a show that will only have five corps. There will be a respectable number, but not the numbers we see for a two night event a week before finals. 

• Like 1

Just saw a comment on Reddit that Blue Stars is marching a 94 person horn line and a comment following said that DCI had raised the size limit to 165 just for this year.  First I've heard of this and I think it would have been mentioned on here if true.  Anyone know if this is correct - or not?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah I can understand some of the reasons, mainly the possible side effects and long term unknowns. Just hope they take precautions until this all passes. 

Well rolled the dice and got 2nd shot this morning. 90 minutes into it my clogged (allergies) sinuses just slammed to open. 😳 Last time it was next day. Gonna be interesting...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I think I've seen people suffering from the BSOD at times - I think their chip requires rebooting. 

Nanobots need the batteries replaced 😆😆😈

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Just saw a comment on Reddit that Blue Stars is marching a 94 person horn line and a comment following said that DCI had raised the size limit to 165 just for this year.  First I've heard of this and I think it would have been mentioned on here if true.  Anyone know if this is correct - or not?

A 94-member hornlike would be awesome.  This was posted by IllianaLanceContra on March 9th from a FB post:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well rolled the dice and got 2nd shot this morning. 90 minutes into it my clogged (allergies) sinuses just slammed to open. 😳 Last time it was next day. Gonna be interesting...

So both Jeff and Jim got shot in the last 24 hours.

People, I can’t stress enough that language is a tricky thing and voodoo dolls are not toys.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I receive my wake up call from Bill Gates every morning.  📞

Crazy how Bill Gates went from licensing MS-DOS to being the worlds leading epidemiologist and medical expert on pandemics. If a pandemic is happening Gates is the go to expert. World would be lost without his covid vaccine. :lol:

Edited by O'Neal's
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Crazy how Bill Gates went from licensing MS-DOS to being the worlds leading epidemiologist and medical expert on pandemics. If a pandemic is happening Gates is the go to expert. World would be lost without his covid vaccine. 

In fairness, he has considerable experience in sticking it to us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2