Hall of Fame Question

A thought crossed my mind.....

Is the HoF about the corps members who endure scorching sun and everything else that a rehearsal and a competitive summer brings OR is it about those taught, judge,  volunteer, etc. I ask this because every year we never see a young person who put, let's say, their entire teenage years into the activity and walk away. In professional sports, it's usually about the players (mostly) with coaches and management second. I guess with all the young people in the activity since 1972 (start of DCI) that would be a hassle. Just throwing this thought out there!

• Haha 1

A member HOF is an interesting idea, but how do you decide who is inducted?  From my era,  Rob Carson, Jerry Noonan, & Jeff Kivett would be obvious, but what about the 3rd soprano that is a big leader within a Corps, yet this is unrecognized outside that Corps?

Many individual Corps have Halls of Fame; this is probably the place where individual Corps members are best honored.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Many individual Corps have Halls of Fame; this is probably the place where individual Corps members are best honored.

PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame (no idea of its current status) has different levels based on years on involvement. That includes the members “in the trenches” playing no lead parts or wailing a bass drum. Lowest level is 5 years and next is 15... forget the rest...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

32 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A member HOF is an interesting idea, but how do you decide who is inducted?  From my era,  Rob Carson, Jerry Noonan, & Jeff Kivett would be obvious, but what about the 3rd soprano that is a big leader within a Corps, yet this is unrecognized outside that Corps?

Yeah corps like BD and SCV probably have some sort of HOF for their members. There have been members in BD that started with the C corps and worked their way up to the A corp. That is dedication.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

It’s all self serving for the pageantry leeches! A members talent, sacrifices or contributions will never ever become a consideration. 🤔

Looking at the HOF awards through the years, IMO the majority were extremely well deserved and would not fall into the category of "leeches."

• Like 2