Hall of Fame Question

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Is there a Hall of Fame location?  Can the public visit it?  Is there anything to see other than a list of members?

Certainly might be something DCI could build on.

Host city...I'd go with CANTON, OHIO 🙂 

I don’t know … does Canton, OH have any Hall of Fame experience?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t know … does Canton, OH have any Hall of Fame experience?

That’s the one I never got around to visiting.  I’ve been to Cooperstown and Springfield, Mass. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s the one I never got around to visiting.  I’ve been to Cooperstown and Springfield, Mass. 

and I have been to Toronto as well. And Cooperstown has Omnegang Brewery!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nooo it isn't.  You haven't visited the NHL, tennis, National Track & Field, pickleball, soccer, etc. also.  Road Trip!!

closest thing to an actual location would be what bill Ives is doing at the Archer Epler Post in Upper Darby PA

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 7:19 AM, DFA1970 said:

Yeah corps like BD and SCV probably have some sort of HOF for their members. There have been members in BD that started with the C corps and worked their way up to the A corp. That is dedication.

BD does not have a  HOF that I know of.

My OP was not to slight the current HoF members at all. Just tossing another idea out there. Yes today's members normally only do about 2 to 3 years. I personally marched 8 years total in junior and a few in senior/all-age. My time on some staff's both in the US and Germany added up to more time. No one would care that the Hoechster Schlossgarde horn line I took over in 87 and 88 were very good! 

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

My OP was not to slight the current HoF members at all. Just tossing another idea out there. Yes today's members normally only do about 2 to 3 years. I personally marched 8 years total in junior and a few in senior/all-age. My time on some staff's both in the US and Germany added up to more time. No one would care that the Hoechster Schlossgarde horn line I took over in 87 and 88 were very good! 

Maybe you could write about your experience with the Hoechster Schlossgarde so people can appreciate what you experienced?   I think there are more than a few on here who would like to hear about that. 

The activity is international.  Groups in Europe love the experience as much as those who participate here.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

and I have been to Toronto as well. And Cooperstown has Omnegang Brewery!

Been to Hockey in Toronto (many moons ago), Cooperstown and Canton (afternoon break during a corps trip). Also last vacation my wife and I did was Rock and Roll HOF in Cleveland. 
Plan to get to Bill Ives collection near Philly after my second shot is done doing it’s thing. Have some stuff to donate

Edited by JimF-LowBari