Interesting Attendance Concept

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

(Sarcasm on) I wouldn’t want to have to mingle with the great unwashed (sarcasm off).  
This is gross.  But have at it.  I have no interest in attending any event that treats people like lesser humans for a personal health decision.  What if they have natural immunity from having the virus?  There’s no card for that.  

Exactly. How will it be before those vaccinated become the unwashed? I'm starting to feel like a criminal. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

And not only this kind of segregation but racial / economic segregation as well. As was discussed on another closed thread, underserved, minority communities have significantly lower vaccination rates than white or Asian American communities for a variety of complex issues. This proposal may end up being the classic form of segregation.  

Thank you.  This is hitting me right in the gut. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Exactly. How will it be before those vaccinated become the unwashed? I'm starting to feel like a criminal. 

I’ve read other places that vaccinated people are being accused of shedding virus.  This is all bad and incredibly divisive. 

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Yup; Dodger Stadium created a vaccinated section a couple of weeks ago.  I'm good with it!  It's creates an 'incentive' for folks to get the injection. 

Does it?  I’d rather have plenty of room to spread out than be packed in like a sardine.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Make that “people WOULD follow directions”. See so much “chip on the shoulder” in SM hope they lose it when out in public.

Was thinking of the other amenities too. Then again ran into issues in a stadium with family style bathroom to help a handicapped person. So I think of more than just sitting and watching the show

The term “separate but equal” comes to mind. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Barneveld said:

The phrase "in before close" comes to mind. 🤣

Yup! With all the threads that get closed, I toyed with the idea of opening a thread entitled, “In before close.” 🤣

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup! With all the threads that get closed, I toyed with the idea of opening a thread entitled, “In before close.” 🤣

But yet..... what are the odds DCI or some of the venues are thinking of this.....

I used to work in a cubicle farm in a converted warehouse (lousy air circulation). Entire building has been work at home for a year now. Been texting with former co-worker as she starts the retirement paperwork. This morning she found out someone in her office will not vaccinate and is letting everyone know. Thinking of the personalities in that area... gonna get tense to say the least. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Don't know how this can be enforced this. Don't believe there is a precedent set for what many view as unconstitutional. I can here it now "show me the papers"

First,in response to Terri:

There's no requirement a vaccinated person sits in a vaccinated section.

Its just a way to increase attendance in those sections.

As far as enforcing the vac/no vac,Governor Cuomo talked about it yesterday when he announced

Broadway's reopening.

He said he,as governor  can't do this.

But theaters, and I presume stadiums,that are privately owned, could.

You get on real shaky ground since none of the vaccines have anything other then 

emergency approval.

Same problem schools have if they try require students to vaccinated,prior to

full FDA approval.

• Like 1